3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Linex or Rhino Linning

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2007, 12:27 AM
hemiman123456
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Linex or Rhino Linning

one of my neighbors has a speedliner.....its nice looking and has more of a sandpaper finish compared to the rhino......its also cheaper and he got it to match his truck (patriot blue).....oh yeah he has an 06 st with a v6......but its still american.....

Old 08-08-2007, 01:02 AM
Brother Rob
Retired Moderator

I found a guy that does garage floor painting/re-surfacing, during the week. On weekends, he did spray-on liners, for trucks. He did a custom liner, for me. It was $200 for the entire bed, over the rails. It turned out very nice. Itis thicker than rhino and line-x.He did it with aspray rig, at my house.So, I didn't have to drop the truck off overnight or anything. It dried overnight (to the touch) and Ididn't put anything on it for about a week. The only issue I had was that he lefthis other spray rig at home and had to sponge on the UV coat. It looked solid, until after the 2nd or 3rd wash. At that point you could see how uneven the UV coat was. I let it go and bought a tonneau. I don't have to look at it anymore. But as far as chips and scratches...none. Thosedeals are out there. You just have to look.

Old 08-08-2007, 04:31 PM
Foiled
Veteran

I don't think it matters which you get as long as it has the texture that you like and you find someone that offers a lifetime warranty on it.

Mine is in today because my liner is peeling up and under the liner it is now rusting, I got a lifetime warranty so they are fixing it. I have a co-worker that has a Rhino Lining and his is crumbling off but he drives a 97 Dodge and had it sprayed in soon after he bought it.

Anyway shop for the warranty and look/texture not the name brand.

Old 08-08-2007, 05:28 PM
RailroadMan
Rookie

Line-X has a company repairwarranty, it shouldn't be up to shop whether they feel like fixing it or not. Go to their website. It helps if you keep the reciepts.

Old 08-08-2007, 08:00 PM
slapshot12
Professional

I have Rhino in my new 07 F350 work truck. It has been in there maybe a year, if that, and it is faded and looks grayish already. I think it looks like crap for not being very old. We got 5 trucks at the same time and they all look the same. Not to mention, if you sit on it, or rub your clothes on it, you get that grayish color on your clothes.

Old 08-09-2007, 12:16 PM
snostyle

I have the LineX in my 05 1500and my dad has the Rhino in his 05 2500, the only difference mainly is the rhino kinda comes out more like a rubbery texture while the Linex is a harder surface. either works and both are a pain when putting something into the bed but they beat plastic bed liners

Old 08-09-2007, 09:33 PM
06POWERWAGON

I have beenpleased with both, although I recommend the LineX for a few reasons:
1.LineX is a quicker install since it dries faster. They can do it while you wait. Rhino Lining meantleavingthe truck for almost a day.
2. Since LineX is thinner they are able to spray it down between the hinge area between the tailgate and bed. Rhino Lining leaves this area uncovered.
3. The LineX over the rail turned out very nice for me. The Rhino installer didn't even offer this. (maybe some do?)

Old 08-09-2007, 10:49 PM
HuntinHanson
Champion

go with speedliner....

Old 08-09-2007, 11:00 PM
HammerZ71
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

ORIGINAL: HighDuke1911

You should get the "Bed Rug" instead.
Yup, I got a Bed Rug, and beat it to death. Pressure wash it & good as new. I'll put one in EVERY truck I buy from now on...

Old 08-11-2007, 06:47 AM
smokinjoe
Rookie

i had rhino lining in my old truck, and i have Linex in the dodge and for reasons i can't specify i know i prefer Linex, it came from the dealer with it. and the rhino was expensive even for a qc s-10 with like a 5ft box, it was way overcharged, might have been the installer, but i know now that i will get Linex from now on

Quick Reply: Linex or Rhino Linning