3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

OK, The GOOD stuff About my New Truck

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2007, 10:26 PM
CMA
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default OK, The GOOD stuff About my New Truck

07 1500 Hemi QC 2wd

I've been having weird whining and humming noises from the tranny. I am having terible luck with the dodge dealers network -- worst dealers of any new car/truck Ive owned. BUT there are some really good things about the truck.

*I am getting 20+ mpg on the highway! Overall, with mixed highway and some local driving I'm getting 400 miles per fillup, usuallly around 22 gallons, so 18mpg for mixed local/highway driving. (Been writing it all down) Think that if Idid an all highway trip and used all 26 I'd get over 500 miles from the tank. It sucks gas getting up to speed, but once its up there, staying between 50 and 65, I'm getting respectable milage. I believe it when the computer says I am getting 22.5mpg cruising at 60 on the highway.

*Looks badass in Inferno read with the 20" wheels.

* Reeling in cars that block in the fast lane and then take off when you've got room to pass. Happendd today. I followed some jerk for 5 minutes who was going 55 in the fast lane, then as soon as there is room for me to pass he guns it. No problem, I got the HEMI. Reeled him in no problem. People dont think that a truck is going to be this fast.

*Most comfortable seating of any car ive ever owned.

*Great visibilty.

*Inexpensive.

*Quiet inside when its not humming.

*Smooth ride, no vibrations or shimmys. Great steering.

Old 08-08-2007, 12:33 AM
hemiman123456
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: OK, The GOOD stuff About my New Truck

glad you like the good things about the truck......

i think that after you own the truck for a while you will notice that the faster you go the faster you see the needle get closer to the E......

by the way 18mpg is pretty good for a hemi.....

Old 08-08-2007, 09:39 AM
Mojave
Professional

Love the Inferno Red

Old 08-08-2007, 11:22 AM
bigjrussell
Captain

ORIGINAL: Mojave

Love the Inferno Red
I wanted a Mineral Gray or Patriot Blue truck when I bought mine, but they rolled out the Inferno Red and I was sold.

Quick Reply: OK, The GOOD stuff About my New Truck