3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Oil pressure...

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2007, 03:17 PM
#Red
Record Breaker
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: Oil pressure...

ORIGINAL: Horseapples

Wow! I almost got wood looking at your full tank of gas Cactus!! Be still my heart!

I had just filled up at $2.92 for 89 octane gas. It hurts but what can you do. Red

Old 08-11-2007, 07:56 AM
abarmby
Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not to flame anyone but...................get over it.
The rest of the world pays a HUGE amount more than you guys!!![:@]
Do a search on Google and prepare to be shocked![sm=yikesomg.gif]
In the UK, a slighly and I mean slighlty mind, larger gallon of petrol costs $8.67 and that's at the excellent exchange rates we now get for our pound £1 = $1.949.
Put it simply, every gallon of petrol we buy for the same price you would get 3.1 gallons at $2,79.[sm=happy046.gif]

I think that either your catching up with the rest of the world paying for your petrol or, and this is the cynic in me, your oil companies and government realise how much they have been missing out all these years, in allowing you such low petrol prices???

It's the same for cars and trucks.
WeUKer's pay $30,000 for a small family car[sm=jawdrop.gif]............you would get nearly 2 fully loadedFord F150's for that. I saw adverts for them at about $15,000 in May this year at this dealers. http://www.mullinaxford.com/orlando/index1.htm

Mobile 1 costs $77.79 for 5 liters in the UK [sm=WTFsgign.gif]. I believe it costs you about $26 at Wall Mart. It was when I visited Orlando in May this year????
And so it goes on and on. Our prices in Europe and the UK are EXTORTIONATE for everything!
Oh, and just in case you all think we get paid lots to offset these costs so we can buy our Aston Martins and BMW's and Jaguars and the like..........a decent wage here in the UK is $50,000 and many many people don't get that! The minimum wage is just over $10.

Anywho...........that's why us Brits LOVE coming over to Florida etc [sm=happybounce.gif]

Sorry for the rant [sm=rant.gif]but ENJOY your wonderful country BEFORE the crazy politicians screw it up!!
Al.

Old 08-11-2007, 12:35 PM
Horseapples
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Its all relitive my UK friend. The United States is the second largest producer of oil products in the world. If you drill in the UK all you get is saltwater. The cost you endure on a daily basis is due mostly to import costs. Guiness is 10.00$ per 6 pack of 12 oz bottles, Glenlivit 18 yo is 100.00 4 A 750 MIL BOTTLE! Why on earth should oil products that come from my home state cost the same as the oil shipped across the Atlantic? I know about the North sea oil fields, I also am somewhat familiar with oil drilling and the cost there of. The North Atlantic oil fields are incredibly deep and dangerous places to drill. Some of the most dangerous waters in the world (truly awe inspiring) and some of the best roughnecks in the world operate there(equally as awe inspiring). But the cost is still staggering, in manpower and equipment. Obviously, the cost gets passed to the consumer.
I on the other hand can drive in a 5 mile radius and find at least a dozen wells pumping away(Louisiana is the second largest oil producing state) The Gulf of Mexico wells are in the 2/3 hundred feet depth, not thousands like the North sea wells.
Abarmby, if your gas prices almost trippled in the last7 years would you be upset or just play it off as "oh well, were better off than Kenya! "
In short, its not so much what we pay, its the drastic increase in such a short period of time.
Rant over!

Old 08-11-2007, 03:02 PM
uk guy
Rookie

sorry horseapples but i have to agree with abarmby

our fuel price in the uk is 68% tax !! the figures show if the fuel in the uk wasn't taxed we'd only be paying around 30 pence per litre

and on top of that we pay 17.5% tax on everything else we buy for our trucks including insurance! if we travel in to london we pay £8 for the pleasure ( of driving at4 mph ) which they are now trying to put up to £25 per day ! on top of the £175 pound per year road tax ! and some places where i live they even charge you £100 per year to park OUTSIDE your own house !

hell i wish i lived in the USA !

Old 08-11-2007, 03:28 PM
motorider228
Champion

You guys get something for your extra tax paid on fuel, Health care. I'm paying $3.00 a gallon for fuel but get nothing in return. You can say how lucky we are for our fuel prices but tell that to a family with no health care and sick children. Not only can they not afford to drive because of the low income and expensive cost of life in the majority ofthis country but then add in that they are not insured.

Now me personally, I am insured through my job. I guess I can not complain much as I have prescription, dental, vision and medical totally free but some people can.

Old 08-11-2007, 07:27 PM
abarmby
Champion

Nah................the health service isn't what it used to be my friend. I work in it and believe me, I wouldn't want to go into one of our overcrowded, dirty, infected with superbugs hospitals, for the life of me!
The waiting lists for opperations is through the roof and if you go into hospital with one problem, you usually come out with two extra?
Our once fine General Practitioners services have all opted out of weekend and night shift work.
Trying to get to see your doctor is an art form in itself these days.
I would rather pay direct for my health cover and stop all these stealth taxes as we call them and get a QUALITY first class service, in a clean hospital, ina convienient and fasttime!
I'd also like to stop paying the truely astronomical taxes we pay on virtually everything. Thatmight stop most of the hard earned cash working people have to stump up to support all these immigrants and refugee's that are given, free everything, at the expense of hard working but poor because of it, people. And don't get me started on the scroungers on benefits who go from the cradel to the grave without EVER working and find that in itself a career???
WOW.
I think I've finally let off steam ha ha ha.
Yep, I'm also with UK Guy in that I'd love to live in America.
Oh but wait..............everythings against me, as I work and pay my dues here in the UK so I'm penalised by not being given a free or assisted work permit for the USA as I'm "in the system" and governments don't want skilled people like myself leaving for better shores??????
I looked on the web and there is a Green card lottery where people can win a Green card. Guess what?
Virtually most of the third world countries are on an "approved list" and can enter the US immigration Green card lottery. Us Brits can't?
Why..................cos my government doesn't want a contributer like me and the rest of hundreds of thousands of us sick and tired Brits leaving, and not paying for the scroungers and the rest of the flotsam coming from eastern Europe, that's why!
Am I bitter.................you bet I am, but governments don't seem to listen to their voters do they?
Al.

PS.............all this cos' someone mention paying $2.79 a gallon ha ha ha.

Oh yes..horseapples your correct. Our fuel prices haven't trippled in 7 years................THEY'VE MORE THAN QUADRUPLED in under that [:@]

Old 08-11-2007, 09:40 PM
motorider228
Champion

Yeah and that is the reason I do not want socialized health care here. All I was saying is that the tax you guys pay on gasoline is going somewhere while ours goes towards our roads that are not kept that great anyways. Between the US and the UK our income taxes and all that are pretty similar, yours is just much higher on gasoline as ours is I believe $.36 a gallon federally, and whatever the states tack on.

It really is too bad it is hard for you guys to come over here but people can stream ove rthe border inrecord numberswith no problem. I also do think it is messed up that it is so difficult for you guys to get Green cards here.

As for the oil pressure, my 06 is just like Cactus's when I am on the freeway.

Old 08-12-2007, 05:29 AM
Horseapples
Record Breaker

ORIGINAL: uk guy

sorry horseapples but i have to agree with abarmby

our fuel price in the uk is 68% tax !! the figures show if the fuel in the uk wasn't taxed we'd only be paying around 30 pence per litre

and on top of that we pay 17.5% tax on everything else we buy for our trucks including insurance!
Thats whywe had ourselves a little revoloution, turned out pretty well for us. I guess it takes a butt load of Quid to support the royals, all that sure does look fancy! I know about the prices , I was stationed there for a bit while i was in the Air Force, Lakenheath

Old 08-12-2007, 05:45 AM
abarmby
Champion

I think that that might just happen if things don't get sorted soon over here Horseapples.
Did you get my point about our gas pricesmore thanquadrupling over here in such a short time?
I believe that last year, Britain had more people leaving than coming in................?
I think that says it all.
It's this stupid, stupid, STUPID[:@] European Union, that nobody here in Britain seems to want, but our government is PUSHING down our throats. I think it's because of all the nice little side earners these politicians get within this union.
Anhow, to get back to things, I have one of those stupid electronic "you have oil pressure/you have not" gauges. Mine doesn't dance around at all much.
Al.

Old 08-12-2007, 02:56 PM
Horseapples
Record Breaker

I feel your pain, The E.U. Is sapping the economies of wealthy countrys to bolster poorer ones. After the wall came down, debt and depression flowed through the breach. The Soviet block managed to take one of the most financially stable parts of the world(pre WWII)and totally bankrupt it.Now you Brits are paying the price to stabilize the whole western European region. Sorry to go on a political stray path. BACK TO OIL PRESSURE....

Quick Reply: Oil pressure...