3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

What sizes tires would you go with?

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2007, 06:15 PM
haydensdodge
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What sizes tires would you go with?

Wusup everyone. Im about to make a purchase of a new set of tires. I have a 02 QC 1500 that I think has been leveled out. Reason being my brother has a 05 QC 1500andIm sitting a few inches taller than him ,plus mine has two inch blocks of some kind under the rear leaf springs which tells me something has been done! So if the trucks IS leveled will I be able to clear 35's on the stock rims or should I just gowith a set of 33' tires? Anys pics of your trucks with A/T or M/T with the stock 20's I would love to see. Also I would love to see what a set of 18's with toyo's or nitto's look like as well. Ive been seriously thinking of the black MOTO metal wheels with a toyo or nitto tire wrapped around but def. would love to see what the 18 would look like before I make the jump. Thanks for the time and I definitely appreciate it!

Old 08-08-2007, 06:41 PM
nastyram
Veteran
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default RE: What sizes tires would you go with?

hey haydensdodge,i have 33x1250 on my stock rims(check out my gallery)all i did was a few turns on my bars to level it,i looks like 35' would fit but hate to buy tires an they don't fit,sorry didn't read the whole thing before ansering i have 17'

Old 08-08-2007, 06:57 PM
HammerZ71
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts
Default RE: What sizes tires would you go with?

You will clear 33's fine bone stock, I know a lot of guys with just a level kit rub with 35's, although some don't (might be the kit, backspace of the rims, etc.) 3" of lift (normal body lift kit) clears 35's with a hair to spare, and ANY suspension lift should clear easily. I have a 4" Rancho Suspension lift and it clears my 35" FCII's with a good bit to spare. My rims are 17x9 Mickey Thompson Classic II's.
My 4" suspension lift has 2" blocks in the rear to give me a perfectly level look, so IMO if you have 2" blocks in the back and the truck sits level, you should be able to clear 35's, if the nose is down like a stock look, then 33's would be the way to go.

Quick Reply: What sizes tires would you go with?