3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

help me with a stereo install

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2007, 10:32 PM
dbord_n
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default help me with a stereo install

ok here is what i did, i just bought a ram 1500 and it came with the stock stereo single disc el' crapo so i bought the upgraded one on ebay the 6 disc one and installed it had no problems with it. decided i was gonna ad some subs put two 10' kicker subs and a kicker amp under the back seats all went good used an in line adapter to run the subs and thought every thing was going good well turned the radio on and the satellite worked good the antenna worked good but the cd part would not work. it acts like there was never that feature. when i push mode button it just goes to the satellite radio. anybody got any ideas thanks fellas,

Dustin
[/align]

Old 08-08-2007, 10:36 PM
BLACKTRX4
Rookie
Default RE: help me with a stereo install

Do you have any cd's loaded in it?

Old 08-08-2007, 10:38 PM
dbord_n

yeah it was fully loaded, we had a brain fart and forgot to take them out.

Old 08-09-2007, 08:50 AM
eltupac
All Star

Other than to check the wires on the back of the radio. You could have pulled a pin out when connecting the inlines. Maybe connected the inlines on the wrong wires. I guess you did if your subs work. Damn thats weird. Only other thing is to disconnect the inlines and see if the CD works again.

Quick Reply: help me with a stereo install