3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Exhausted looking at exhausts- suggestions!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2007, 05:05 PM
LogJam
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Exhausted looking at exhausts- suggestions!!

03 hemi, bought it 6 months used. Came with a unique exhaust. Catback to Y pipe to 18" magnaflow tips turned out behind the wheels. It's loud, planned to throw a muffler on it. Well it's 3.5 years later and I never could bring myself to quite it down. Problem is the pipes arestarting to rottout pretty bad so it's time for a change. I still have about3' of original 3"pipe behind the cat that's good. I want to make it less loud, but retain a good throaty growl. So I was looking at the flowmaster 50 HD dual out or 3" single out. I want to keep my tips since their in pretty good shapeand I want the added MPG grained from a muffler. So Questions is do I keep the dual look or save some money and go with the single. I haven't found much info on the single out 50 HD or Delta. What would you guys recommend or what magnaflow single out would I want that's not to loud, but throaty. Quoted install on the dual is $175.00 muffler + $270.00 to cut out old, cut off tip, install muffler, add pipes and reinstall tips. Or $120.00 for the single out + $140.00 to cut out old, cut off tips, install muffler, add pipes and reinstall one tip. Does that sound right??? Thanks all!!!!

LogJam

Quick Reply: Exhausted looking at exhausts- suggestions!!