3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

manual door lock faild

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2007, 07:56 PM
otherside
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default manual door lock faild

i ve got some probs with my 03 ram 1500. i cant open or close the doorsby using the physical key lock. it only works with the remote.
i think it has to do with the mechanism. but i dont know how to remove the front door panel without damage it to fix the problem.

thanks
martin

Old 08-11-2007, 12:22 AM
hemiyellow
DC Insider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: manual door lock faild

take all the screws out of the door panel, remove the inner door handle (Torx bit) and thenyou lift up and out on the door panel (i think you pull it out also...can't remember for sure when i had mine off)...then disconnect the connectors along with the rods for door handle and lock and your ready to go

Old 08-11-2007, 08:58 PM
Parts/Service
Champion
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: manual door lock faild

REMOVAL
[ol][*]Remove the window crank, if equipped. (WINDOW CRANK REMOVAL TOOL)[*]Remove the interior handle. (Refer to 23 - BODY/DOOR - FRONT/INSIDE HANDLE ACTUATOR - REMOVAL)[*]Remove the screws at the mirror flag and near the inside handle. (TRIM PANEL ASSEMBLY)
CAUTION: Trim panel is attached to the door using hooks molded into the panel. Do not pull the trim panel straight off or damage to the panel and/or power switch assembly may occur.[*]Lift the trim panel up off the belt seal and attachment hooks and separate the panel from the door slightly.[*]Disconnect the power window switch electrical connector, if equipped, and remove the trim panel. [/ol]

Quick Reply: manual door lock faild