3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Disconnecting the odometer.

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2007, 08:48 PM
icewolf
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Disconnecting the odometer.

Hello, a buddy of mine has a 2005 Dodge Ram 2500 Diesel, and he wants to know how to disconnect the odometer properly. does anyone know how or where I can go for information?

Old 08-19-2007, 08:52 PM
John M
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Disconnecting the odometer.

I hope nobody on this site helps you with that. None of us want to be the victim when he (you) sells his ragged out but "low mileage" truck.

You drive a truck a lot, its value goes down. It's a fact of life. He/you should live with it and not be some CROOK.

Old 08-19-2007, 09:01 PM
icewolf

ORIGINAL: John M

I hope nobody on this site helps you with that. None of us want to be the victim when he (you) sells his ragged out but "low mileage" truck.

You drive a truck a lot, its value goes down. It's a fact of life. He/you should live with it and not be some CROOK.

heh i never thought about that... but I don't think he would want to sell it, i mean he babies that thing, ah well, i guess i'll tell him i couldn't find anything. Thanks for warning me

Old 08-19-2007, 09:15 PM
trecool88

ORIGINAL: icewolf

heh i never thought about that... but I don't think he would want to sell it, i mean he babies that thing, ah well, i guess i'll tell him i couldn't find anything. Thanks for warning me
never thought of that? why else would someone want to disconnect the odometer other than to make the truck appear low mileage when it isn't?

Old 08-19-2007, 09:19 PM
icewolf

ORIGINAL: trecool88

ORIGINAL: icewolf

never thought of that? why else would someone want to disconnect the odometer other than to make the truck appear low mileage when it isn't?
Well he pretty much diamantles everything he has, from his motor bikes to his cars, and puts them back. more or less like a messed up hobby

Old 08-19-2007, 09:42 PM
hemiyellow
DC Insider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

man even so....why in the world would you even ask??? thats some serious **** there if he would do that and drive it with it disconnected...

Old 08-19-2007, 09:44 PM
icewolf

heh cart before the horse, i guess, well i'm going to close this or have mod close it. thanks tho

Old 08-19-2007, 10:04 PM
pershingd
Professional
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Simply put - you can't.

The odometer is integrated into the computer that controls the powertrain.

David

Old 08-19-2007, 10:06 PM
NviousZ

actually there is a way to do it with just the key alone.......works on mine, but i found out by an actual chrysler employee.....anyways.....

Old 08-20-2007, 12:01 AM
squirtbottle09
Record Breaker

[sm=lockeddance.gif]Yeah, but then none of your other guages work. And I dont think it works anymore. [sm=lockeddance.gif]

Quick Reply: Disconnecting the odometer.