3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Superchips Adjust Tire Size

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2007, 11:39 AM
MexiRam
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Superchips Adjust Tire Size

Was wondering how to program the superchips for bigger size tires.I went from the stock 17" to 20s on y truck . The manual says to measure the tire atthe highest point, So is it as easy as just measuring the tire from ground to top of the tire and imputing that measurement. or is there a more accurate way of doing this.

Old 09-01-2007, 11:59 AM
PanzonYMariposa
Default RE: Superchips Adjust Tire Size

they had this link on a different thread http://www.moparregister.com/calc.php

Old 09-01-2007, 12:58 PM
OldMoparMan
Veteran

ORIGINAL: MexiRam

Was wondering how to program the superchips for bigger size tires.I went from the stock 17" to 20s on y truck . The manual says to measure the tire atthe highest point, So is it as easy as just measuring the tire from ground to top of the tire and imputing that measurement. or is there a more accurate way of doing this.
The rim diameter (17" or 20") means nothing, when you're using tires of an equal tire height. The tires on the 17" rims are approximately the same height (31.75") as the tires on the 20" rims. They (20") may be 3/4" taller, if that....

Since that's the case, during your questioning that you'll see in the programmer, it'll ask you, "Change tire size?"

You click "Yes" and it'll start with 31.75". To find the height of your new 20" tires on rims, just take a ruler and hold it level off the tread, and measure with a tape measure, the height from the ruler to the ground. Estimate at.....32.5".

Just hit the "up" arrow key to change the tire height to 32.5", hit "enter" and it's that simple.......

Old 09-01-2007, 01:54 PM
MexiRam
Professional

. I used a carpinters ruler with a level on it. Im getting 32 1/4 u know if there is a setting for this or go up to 32 1/2??

Old 09-01-2007, 02:26 PM
MexiRam
Professional

I got it . Tahnks. By the way the programmer works great it gives you the option by 1/4 incriments . I reccomend the SC programmer.

Quick Reply: Superchips Adjust Tire Size