3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

What did you do to your ram today

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2007, 03:49 PM
chrispie19
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: What did you do to your ram today

ahh today i installed my SRT-10 Front bumper! up next is my chrome outer grille molding. im gettin rid of that to put a red one on.....too much chrome for me. Tell me what you all think. i couldnt upload the pics here theyre too big. check out my profile!

Old 09-19-2007, 05:42 PM
Sir Hardin Thicke
Record Breaker

Today was PA Safety and Emissions inspection. Made the when I made the appointment the girl asked if I had any other concerns. I said the rear brakes are singing a little bit. When I picked it up from the shop, the mechanic tossed me the keys and said "no charge". I saw the truck in the parking lot before I went in so I saw the inspection stickers in the window. I played dumb and acted as if I had only brough tit in for the brakes. Got in and drove away with $75.00 still in my pocket and fresh inspection stickers.

Old 09-19-2007, 08:54 PM
MikeHTally
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

New brakes all around with ceramic pads. Has anyone else gotten the ceramic pads and noticed you have to press the pedal harder?

Old 09-19-2007, 10:08 PM
RamRod05

Got an 18mm socket, and a ratchet, a bottle of beer, and raised the front end 1.5" by cranking the torsion bars. Heck, I had it done just about the time I finished to bottle of beer, LOL! Truck has a whole new meanness to it now, looks great. Now I need to get new rubber.

Was going to wash it, but with the lift going so smoothly, the beers kept flowing as I was sitting back admiring it. Did take it spotting tonight though.

Old 09-19-2007, 11:13 PM
hemiyellow
DC Insider

still workin on doing the air lift helper springs and headers...i needa reciprocating saw, but dont wanna buy one....stupid mail needs to be faster lol

Old 09-20-2007, 12:28 AM
HuntinHanson
Champion

fixed my window visor on the passenger door, wasnt sticking well anymore....

Old 09-20-2007, 03:03 AM
RamRod05

Speaking of window vents, just thought Id tell you all about my situation. I installed Auto-vent shade in-channel window vents a few months ago. Well, 3 days later I was taking the pups for a little ride and Roxy, my almost 2y/o f/ boxer was bouncing back and forth as usual in the back seat. After many times yelling at her I figured I'd just put the windows up. So there I was, driving down the street putting the windows up and little did I know she had her head out the window. Long story short, lol, she pulled her head in very quickly and caught it on the vent and cracked it in about 4 pieces. Needless to say I was upset after paying 60 some bucks and having them 3 days befor they were ruined. After listening to this thing whistle for the past couple months, I finally contacted AVS and asked them if there was any way I could purchase a replacement for the drivers side rear window. After a few emails and sending them my email reciept they assured me that they offer a 1-time replacement. So, today I got a package in the mail, and after opening it I was VERY suprised....they sent me a whole new set, front and back, vents!

I recommend these vents to anyone thinking of getting them. Havent seen customer service like this in the long time! Anyone have a standard cab 02-07 1500 that needs vents...lol

OH...and to keep this with the topic, I'm installing my new vent to replace my broken one tomorrow.

Old 09-20-2007, 08:56 PM
Max Power
Professional

Tried to install a AFE stage II CAI, but it blocks all access to the oil dipstick.

Old 09-20-2007, 10:29 PM
hemiyellow
DC Insider

ordering new tires tomorrow while at work and then hopefully finishing the air bag helper spring install....then possibly starting on the headers if i feel like it lol

Old 09-21-2007, 05:10 PM
Brother Rob
Retired Moderator

Quick Reply: What did you do to your ram today