3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Which ram am i talking about please read!

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2007, 05:21 PM
XtremeXP
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Which ram am i talking about please read!

I have an 06 sport with the laramie package and I love it. Just hate the big payment!

Old 09-15-2007, 09:28 PM
RailroadMan
Rookie

The top of the line Laramie is the "H" package. Bought an '07 in Dec. 06 for $8500 off sticker ($41k). You can search local dealer inventory on the Dodge website.

Old 09-16-2007, 03:59 PM
K0FEI

Bill,

Probably the best process to buy a Dodge is to decide what you want. Use the website to build it. It will help you decide what options you want and what goes with what. Check out the incentives for your model. It varies in different parts of the country so be sure to enter your zip.

Next go to Edmunds.com and build the same truck. Dodge's web site doesn't give you the invoice price, but Edmunds will. Its just that their configuration software is a bit harder to use.

Now go back to the Dodge website and search the dealer inventory of dealers near you. You may find just the truck you want. If you do its probably going to save you some money. If you can find a 2007 so much the better. I think the only thing the 2008 is bringing to the party is tire preasure monitoring. The 2007 will be a bit cheaper and have more incentives. If you qualify, the 0% interest will probably save you more money than any other incentive.

You should be able to buy the truck for very little over invoice. Also try to have them reduce the price of the truck to offset the $500 handling fee. It never hurts to check out a competing brand and tell the dealer, for example, what a Ford would cost you. Here in Denver Phil Long will sell you anything on the lot for an internet price of 2% over invoice plus the dealer fee of $400 no questions asked.

Try to get through the finance office without getting taken. If you want an extended service contract, buy it from a Dodge dealer on the web, or at least price it and have your dealer match it. Arrange a loan before you go in and know your credit score. If you qualify for low interest rate through the dealer, use it, otherwise check your credit union if you have one or see what you can do online. The dealer gets a fee for placing the loan, but they will also try to jack up the interest rate because they make more money.

If you need to order the truck you should still be able to get it for 2% over invoice. You can order just what you want, but the dealer is more motivated to move a truck sitting on the lot costing him interest. Even if they sell at invoice they still have a 3% of sticker that they get from the factory as "holdback". Don't let them load up the truck with aftermarket equipment. Its over priced. If you want that stuff, get it yourself.

Good luck.

Quick Reply: Which ram am i talking about please read!