3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Navi swap revisited...Again

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2007, 11:24 PM
07 Mega Cab
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Navi swap revisited...Again

Ok all, I know this has been beaten to death and I apologize vehemently, BUT...

The was a posting awhile back that had a few diagrams of how to remove the bezel on the 06 and 07's, anyone have it handy? My search-fu is weak and I have had no luck searching for it

Old 09-17-2007, 11:52 PM
marv02
Captain
Default RE: Navi swap revisited...Again

Are you talking about the head light bezel ?.

Old 09-18-2007, 07:00 AM
danelizer

On the 06 and 07, there are two screws at the very bottom of the bezel, above the cup holders. Remove them. Get your finger nails or an appropriate tool and pull like hell to un clip the bezel. Remove wire connections from bezel and its out of there. Done it myself several times. Be careful and dont scratch it.

Old 09-18-2007, 09:26 PM
07 Mega Cab

ORIGINAL: marv02

Are you talking about the head light bezel ?.
[sm=boink3.gif]

ORIGINAL: danelizer

On the 06 and 07, there are two screws at the very bottom of the bezel, above the cup holders. Remove them. Get your finger nails or an appropriate tool and pull like hell to un clip the bezel. Remove wire connections from bezel and its out of there. Done it myself several times. Be careful and dont scratch it.
[sm=thanx.gif]

Old 09-19-2007, 04:37 PM
07 Mega Cab

*UPDATE*

Ok, got it in and working etc, very easy. Thank you for the input danelizer !

NOW : 2 questions...

1) I need a new bezel and am having absolutely NO luck finding either the part number, or the color combination I need...It needs to be slate gray with the "polished silver" radio surround. I am finding every combination EXCEPT that one. Can any ofyou part Gurus lend a hand and help me out?

2) Is there a part I can get to hook up to the REC that enables me to listen to my mp3 player, ala the "aux" jack that was on the original radio, yet is not on the top of the line Mopar stereo? Mp3 player is not an ipod, so the factory ipod connector will not work...Or am I stuck withgetting acraptastic FM transmitter?

Quick Reply: Navi swap revisited...Again