3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Questions from Australia

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2007, 01:34 AM
MADT
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Questions from Australia

Hello,

Just wondering if you could help answer a few questions regarding the RAM's?

We are looking to import a range of RAM's to Australia for conversion to RH drive as we don't have the privilege of having these great trucks down here! One of the issues to arise in the conversion is US imperial measurements conversion to Australian metric measurements. As an example is it possible to convert the digital outside temperature from Fahrenheit to Celsius?

Does anyone one know if the radio tuners will work in Australia??? etc

Let us know of any other issues that you think we could encounter during the conversions from LHD to RHD would be appreciated

Thanks in advance!!

Old 09-22-2007, 08:47 AM
Pappy_FB
Record Breaker
Default RE: Questions from Australia

I'd think some of our UK members would chim in on this one.

Old 09-22-2007, 08:52 AM
hemivec
Professional

ORIGINAL: MADT

Hello,

Just wondering if you could help answer a few questions regarding the RAM's?

We are looking to import a range of RAM's to Australia for conversion to RH drive as we don't have the privilege of having these great trucks down here! One of the issues to arise in the conversion is US imperial measurements conversion to Australian metric measurements. As an example is it possible to convert the digital outside temperature from Fahrenheit to Celsius?

Does anyone one know if the radio tuners will work in Australia??? etc

Let us know of any other issues that you think we could encounter during the conversions from LHD to RHD would be appreciated

Thanks in advance!!
the ram reads both i know this as I'm used to Celsius being from the UK until i moved over here to the states don't know about the radio tho or the other stuff

Old 09-22-2007, 09:29 AM
MADT

Thanks for the response, great to hear that you can swap between metric and imperial, one less thing to worry about!! Is the radio system in them digital? Digital radio is only very new and just starting to develop in Australia and only available in the major cities.....

Old 09-22-2007, 11:21 AM
tdmopar59
Grand Champion

the overhead console as able to be converted the temperature and mpg and stufff.... i know that the radio is a digital tuner idn much more about it... you could always use cd's or replace the radio.... keep us posted i always wanted to go to australia

Old 09-22-2007, 11:59 AM
kenihemi
All Star
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The overhead has a metric/us switch.

The radio uses analog radio waves or you can add satellite reception.
But as far as the radio goes, it really depends on if you have radio broadcasts along the same frequency bands.
AM is 520 to 1710Khz
FM band is 87.5 to 108Mhz

As far as the nuts and bolts sizes, most are now metric.

Old 09-22-2007, 06:36 PM
MADT

Thanks for the responses..... I just recall that many years ago I bought a Kenwood CD player and you had two different types of settings to choose. As an example a local station was 1098Khz and the Kenwood deck came as a USA default unitA and it would only change to 1100Khz or 1090Khz until I swapped the presets in the Kenwood deck and then I could get 1098Khz.

Quick Reply: Questions from Australia