3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

fabtech 6 inch lift

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2007, 06:24 PM
bullr
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default fabtech 6 inch lift

Hey guys I had a couple of questions with the suspension lift i got for my truck. I had no one else to turn to being stuck in Iraq again. lol..I have a 2002 1500 4x4automatic ram with the 4.7 v-8.Here is what i have on it now. A3 inch body lift, a 2 1/2 inch leveling kit on front, and a 1 inch block on back.I managed to fit 37/13.50 toyo's on it.I just ordered the fabtech 6 inch suspenion lift. So here are my questions: Am i going to be able to mount the suspenion kit on top of the rough country leveling kit. If i do that will i have to have my brake lines extended or my gas tank hose extended. Or has anyone give me some pointers on installation. Thanks for the info.

Old 10-04-2007, 06:58 PM
manogmin
Professional
Default RE: fabtech 6 inch lift

i have never installed one, so no pointers, but i am pretty sure that the 6" lift and the leveling kit will not work together. but the body lift wont be a problem, but you probably knew that.

Old 10-04-2007, 07:38 PM
marv02
Captain

Never Stack lift kits together very bad if you read most lift kit will tell you dont use a body lift with a suspenion lift dont know why but thats what they say I done this in the past my self 2 inch body on top of 4 inch spring lift had no issues.

Take a hard look atyou rear block height if it gets to tall you could kick a block out of the leaf spring u bolts just driving down the road NOT GOOD at all, Very bad for towing and Wheeling the extra leverage will give you a lot of spring wrap up this is bad.

If you are going to use Blocks in the rear and going to do towing or lots of Wheeling look in to haveing some Custom Traction bars made for you'r truck some times it cost less to have some custom made than buying some Per Fab one that dont last.

Old 10-04-2007, 08:52 PM
Phatboy
Professional

Stacking the suspension and the body shouldnt be a problem, like all manufacturers they are clearing themselves of any liability. When lifiting it is always wise to go with a wider tire/wheel combo (if possible) to add stability.

Quick Reply: fabtech 6 inch lift