3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

aftermarket transmissions

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2007, 06:48 PM
XxSilentHawk99xX
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default aftermarket transmissions

Being new to the forum, I am just curious. In anyones opinion, are there any aftermarket or performance transmissions geared for an automatic tranny that could help resolve timing, etc? Maybe there is no such thing, as I am a total newbie with modern FI engines... But any help is appreciated.

Old 10-09-2007, 12:00 AM
marv02
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: aftermarket

AMSOIL ATF makes shift smouther and run cooler As for internal parts start web searching under dodge transmissions you find some one that makes hop up parts for it but be ready to fork out $3000.00 to $5000.00 bucks for one.

Oh yea AMSOIL about $10.00 a Qt or so I just changed out my fluid in my 6 Speed 3 Qt's I think a Auto is10 to 12 Qt's lot of cash. theres a way to do it you self but you need to dig under the other dodge truck fourm to find that stuff I seen them talk about that before.
As for shift kits stay away from them I never had much luck I always burned a trany up not long after putting them in.

Quick Reply: aftermarket transmissions