3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

seat belt chime

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2007, 10:20 AM
HemiMaster06
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: seat belt chime

Like someone said earlier ... I just wrapped it around the back of my seat for now. The seatbelt is plenty long enough to reach and for some reason if you get pulled over just hit the release button and the thing will whip around. You may not have time to pull it around and lock it in before the officer walks up but at least you don't aggervate the situation or the officer by having the thing wrapped around the back of your seat.

Now that I know you can disable it by reading the owners manual I will probably go with that method.

Old 10-10-2007, 01:51 PM
Parts/Service
Champion
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Try this......

The following sequence of events must occur within sixty (60) seconds of the ignition switch being placed in the On position in order for the programming to be completed successfully. [ol][*]With all doors closed and the ignition switch in any position except On or Start, buckle the driver side front seat belt.[*]Turn the ignition switch to the On position and wait for the seatbelt indicator reminder function to conclude (about six seconds).[*]Unbuckle and buckle the driver side front seat belt three or more times, ending with the belt buckled.[*]Turn the ignition switch to any position except On or Start to toggle the beltminder feature from its current setting (from active to inactive, or from inactive to active). A single chime tone will provide an audible confirmation that the programming sequence has been successfully completed. [/ol]

Old 10-10-2007, 04:45 PM
redram07
Amateur

I have an 07, and the procedure was in the owners manual. Same as what Parts/Service stated. Disabled mine this weekend.

Old 10-11-2007, 11:13 AM
Duso02
Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

LOL, Wrapping belts around seats, that's funny! That's a quick ticket plus the fact that in a minor fender bender with that friggin airbag? ouch, that's going tohurt!I just did the buckle unbuckle thing.

Old 10-19-2007, 01:04 PM
ameyer

[quote]ORIGINAL: Beezz27

On my 05 the seat belt sensor was a closed loop sensor (sensor closed when the belt is plugged in) so all I had to do is unplug the connector under the drivers seat at the seat belt anchor point and put a jumper wire between the 2 terminals.

Does this fix that darn horn in reverse problem??? I always buckle up but its a pain hooking up trailers.

Old 10-19-2007, 02:09 PM
tdmopar59
Grand Champion

what about the light can you turn that thing off?? im waiten for it to burn out but it aint given up!!

Quick Reply: seat belt chime