3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Superchips vs. Bully Dog Power Pup and others!

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2007, 02:05 PM
biglg
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Superchips vs. Bully Dog Power Pup and others!

I have always had a superchips. I just purchased my 07 ram hemi and cant decide on which tuner i would like to get. On my 05's I had the superchips.

Can anyone please inform me on what all tuners are available that compare to the superchips. Is the superchips still the route to go? + - of superchips and other tuners. Thanks guys!

Old 10-09-2007, 02:21 PM
tdmopar59
Grand Champion
Default RE: Superchips vs. Bully Dog Power Pup and others!

well superchips is still the preferred favorite many companies are workin on new tuners to put out on the market whether or not they're actually coming out or gonna work better only time will tell

Old 10-09-2007, 02:24 PM
biglg
Professional

does the bully dog do everything and more than the superchips?

Old 10-09-2007, 03:46 PM
KRZY.BMET
Peaceful Browser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The bully dog does do everything that the SC will do. The advantages of the SC over the Bully Dog is that the SC is faster when it comes to programming the truck and the shift firmness is a little better. Both are very easy and talk you through the programming on a LCD screen, and both are updateable on the net. The advantages of the Bully dog is that it is alot cheaper than the SC, there is an update program that runs at startup of your computer and will let you know if there are any new updates or news about your programmer. No searching required. The updating of the programmer is easier as well. The bully dog, if bought new, comes with a hard plastic carrying case, unlike the SC that only has the box that it came in. As far as HP/Torque gains, I can not help you out because I don't race and I don't go to dyno runs, but I can tell you that I have had both units and like the bully dog better. I have the premium program running on my megacab and I get around 14 mpg city and 18 hwy. I might add that when I cruise the highway that I am running around 75 - 80 mph all the time. I also do not check my mileage using the computer, I only use it a reference, but check the mileage the old fashion way when I pay at the pump...

Hope this helps alittle

Quick Reply: Superchips vs. Bully Dog Power Pup and others!