3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

BEFORE VS. AFTER MEGA CAB

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2007, 11:52 AM
Hemiriden
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: BEFORE VS. AFTER MEGA CAB

ORIGINAL: megamegaman

Hey guys, well I have owned my 2006 Mega Cab for about 2 weeks now and I have gone pretty crazy with it......wanted to know what you think.

Before - Truck was sold new with most of these add ons, it was a Southern Comfort conversion truck, which included the Pro Comp 5.5" lift, Fender flares, 20" MKW wheels mounted on 35x1350-20 Pro Comp AT tires and everything else was pretty much stock for a Lariat package truck.
Nice truck....(hopefully simular to my future truck) Were you a previous ferd owner? lol....Dodge hasa Laramie... Lariat is Ferd....

Again very nice truck...

Old 10-22-2007, 01:04 PM
macremo98
Rookie

Sweet truck!! Ina few years, I'm looking to upgrade to something similar. In my opinionlifted blackMega Cabs look awesome; for some reason they look more proportional than stock Mega Cabs of any other color. Maybe it's just me!

Old 10-22-2007, 01:26 PM
megamegaman

Man, I feel retarded, have no idea why I typed Lariat.....??? only Ford I have ever owned was a 77 Bronco.....typo has been fixed correctly!!!!

ORIGINAL: Hemiriden

Hey guys, well I have owned my 2006 Mega Cab for about 2 weeks now and I have gone pretty crazy with it......wanted to know what you think.

Before - Truck was sold new with most of these add ons, it was a Southern Comfort conversion truck, which included the Pro Comp 5.5" lift, Fender flares, 20" MKW wheels mounted on 35x1350-20 Pro Comp AT tires and everything else was pretty much stock for a Lariat package truck.
Nice truck....(hopefully simular to my future truck) Were you a previous ferd owner? lol....Dodge hasa Laramie... Lariat is Ferd....

Again very nice truck...

Old 10-22-2007, 01:45 PM
JimmyDiablo
Champion

Looks good

Old 10-22-2007, 02:05 PM
bigsimp
Rookie

That truck is really nice.

Old 10-22-2007, 06:10 PM
manogmin
Professional

that truck must have been a heafty investment, cause here in g-ville fl the only truck like that on the lot runs 62000.00 for a 2500.

Old 10-22-2007, 08:41 PM
Hemiriden
Professional

ORIGINAL: manogmin

that truck must have been a heafty investment, cause here in g-ville fl the only truck like that on the lot runs 62000.00 for a 2500.
I feel you here... it is the same in O-Town. They have a Southern Comforts 2007 Laramie 2500 4x4 QCat Orlando Dodge...sticker is over 60... AlthoughI would LOVE to own it.... Just can't justify paying more for a vehicle thenI do for my own house....

Old 10-22-2007, 11:12 PM
megamegaman

Well guys, actually the truck is a 1500, it is a 2006, it had 10k miles when I bought it and paid less than half of the amount you guys are quoting for a new one.....so I feel I got a pretty good deal. Hell, but at the rate I am going with mods, I might end up spending 60 freakn grand!!!!![8D]

Thanks for all the props though!!!!!

Old 10-23-2007, 12:27 AM
04ramminator

Nice looking truck man. Question.. are you going to sell the 20' wheels?? or just the tires?? i would be interested in them if that is the case pm if with price and details if so

Before - Truck was sold new with most of these add ons, it was a Southern Comfort conversion truck, which included the Pro Comp 5.5" lift, Fender flares, 20" MKW wheels mounted on 35x1350-20 Pro Comp AT tires and everything else was pretty much stock for aLaramie package truck.

After - I really did not like the wheel/tire set up, I am more of a big tire/smaller wheel type of guy, so I purchased 37x13.50-17 Toyo MT tires mounted on 17x9 Raceline forged chrome wheels. Next, I purchased a OEM black grill. Then I had the door handles painted black. Debadged the truck. Then I bought AMP Reasearch electric steps, which are one of the coolest things I have ever bought. So, all this in a couple of weeks..........

Up to come mods -
- NightRunner headlights
- OEM tow mirrors (anyone want to trade???)
- Thru the fender exhaust tips on both sides of the truck in front of the rear tires with a Magnaflow muffler
- Road Armor front bumper, painted black
- BuckStop rear bumper, painted black
- Take out the factory plastic bedliner and Line-X the bed
and much more.....

Gotta say, coming from a H2, I love this Dodge so much more.....plus I get 10x the thumbs up driving around town........

Anyway, let me know what you guys think!!!

Old 10-23-2007, 10:38 AM
megamegaman

Sorry, the 20" wheels/tires are already sold........

Quick Reply: BEFORE VS. AFTER MEGA CAB