3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Question about the different stereos

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2007 | 10:29 PM
manualagain
Professional
Default RE: Question about the different stereos

Dodge's website indicates that the aux port is standard on all of their head units now, but that may well be a change from the '07's. I ordered the single disc player but with the Infinity 7 speaker set up hoping that it will at least be acceptable for the first year, till the Serius runs out. I don't know if, with the '08's, the Infinity speaker set up involves an amp, the only info on the web site is that the single disc head unit pushes 66 watts, which doesn't seem like a lot especially for a 7 speaker set up.

Old 10-26-2007 | 09:39 AM
rcalbat

Get the cheapest thing you can and go to a Audio store and buy a real sound system.
Factory systems are waaaaaaaaay over priced.

Old 10-26-2007 | 06:01 PM
slapshot12
Professional

I vote aftermarket stereo also. I had my entire 07 system replaced a week after I bought the truck. The factory sustems sound terrible. With an aftermarket system, you get much better sound, and theflexibility to add components that fit your music needs and your budget. I went witha Pioneer HU and it connects directly to my iPod.

Quick Reply: Question about the different stereos