3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Electrical Accessories Resetting

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2007, 09:47 PM
Bennybone
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Electrical Accessories Resetting

I have yet to make the second payment yet I have a gremlin in the system..........

The other day i get in the truck insert the key and NADA, NOTHING, ZIP ZILCH. I get out of the truck and try the keyless entry and it works so I get right back in and VRRooom.... Weird.

Next day/multiple restarts later - I notice my brake controller is reset and the radio is at 1200 ... But it started...

Since (about 4 days) - Starting fine, but radio and brake controller have reset 2 times.

The brake controller has been in and working since 9/01 no issues...

I haven't touched the radio wiring.

The only mod I have made so far is keyless entry locks, but i ran 12 volt constant power direct from the battery. I did splice in on the ignition 12 volt lead for the function that when you start the car the doors lock and when you turn the ignition off the doors unlock.

But why would a splice cause these issues... What about a dirty ground???

Looking for yalls past experience here.

Old 10-24-2007, 12:30 AM
Jzero69
Default RE: Electrical Accessories Resetting

It sounds like you have a lose or dirty connection somewhere for sure and with that starting problem I would check the battery terminals themselves first then work your way down the chain. you might aswell check your splices as well, make sure that the you didn't accidently cut or break the wire you were splicing into.

Old 10-24-2007, 06:42 PM
chadmech28
Professional
Default RE: Electrical Accessories Resetting

sounds like you are getting feedback from your door lock hook up disconnect it and see what happens. I bet you prob goes away. the eletronic componets are so senitive now any differnt resistance in a wire or voltage to a module can cause big problems. I many system throught you vehicle

Quick Reply: Electrical Accessories Resetting