3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

alarm system

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2007, 02:06 AM
sddunn2
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default alarm system

I have a new 2007 1500 and when i start the truck a little light comes on , on the dash then goes out ( it looks like an l.e.d. covered over) I read in my manual that this is an alarm system but it says that when i lock the doors with the key this light is suppose to flash every so often to let you know that the alarm is armed . well there is no flashing . my question is does this truck have an alarm or is this an option and if it is an option what the heck is the red light on the dash for if I dont have the alarm ??
any input would be great

Old 10-24-2007, 08:47 AM
bwhite757
All Star
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: alarm system

are you talking about the little red light by the temp gauge?? That's just a light to get your attention if you're over heating I believe...

Old 10-24-2007, 09:35 AM
sddunn2
Professional

it is in the lower right hand side of the cluster and in the manual it talkks about it being the alarm system light ????

Old 10-24-2007, 09:41 AM
HuskyJazz
Professional

I'm pretty sure what you are talking about. I would have to go look to see where mine is exactly. My 06 has the red ligth but not the alarm. It lights up for a second when you start it. I think it ties in with a factory alarm if you have one. It may also tie in to the part that reads the chip in the keys. If I remember correctly that when I tried to start my truck with a key that did not have a chip, it kept flashing then. Basically I'm comfirming that you can have the light and no alarm. That is how mine is.

Old 10-24-2007, 09:06 PM
sddunn2
Professional

does my key have a chip in it ?? I work at a retailer that cuts keys and they have a device that detects chips but this unit did not detect a chip in my key ???

Old 10-24-2007, 09:14 PM
dieseldoc1
Professional

cut urself a key and see if it will start. o yeah, leave ur factory key in the house when u try.

Quick Reply: alarm system