3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

radio and airconditing knob lights

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2007, 06:43 PM
gyropilot1
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default radio and airconditing **** lights

I noticed that the light on the radio *****(time and number 3) went off. then the fan and temp control light were coming down. Is there a way to pull the center consol out? Have a haynes manula but dont show anything on this. any diagram or pic link will help thanks

Chuck Peterson

Old 11-01-2007, 10:09 PM
MikeHTally
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: radio and airconditing **** lights

Haynes manuals are useless unless you have a bird. You didn't say what year, but they may all be similar. There's a screw behind the bag hook. That's all that's holding the center panel in. REALLY good idea to disconnect the battery and wait two minutes. If you set off the airbags, your simple lamp repair will become VERY expensive.

After you've removed the screw, get a good grip on the panel around the AC vents and pull straight out toward the back window. You may have to persuade the driver's side end a bit, but it'll come right out. You may want to give up on the radio lamps. Not worth taking the radio apart. The other **** lamps may not be too bad. Good time to upgrade your stereo

Old 11-02-2007, 05:52 AM
gyropilot1
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: radio and airconditing **** lights

thanks I will try this this weekend. I have a 1500 2004 red stock truck. I will look in to an upgrade later for the radio perhaps with some DVD display. any way t\I will keep you posted on the outcome.
chuck Peterson

Quick Reply: radio and airconditing knob lights