3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

a lil advice please

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2007, 06:21 PM
manogmin
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default a lil advice please

i changed my rear diff lube last weekend, i found the first failed c-clip, o rw-clip for the factory lsd. i took it into the dealer and was willing to pay the deductible to get it fixed, but they sent me away saying that it was a cip used for installation of the clutch pack, and was of no use after installation, and there will be no further failure due to this breaking. i want to know how you would approach the stealer to go ahead and get them to fix it and not open it up and say theres nothing wrong with it. i want it fixed before i notice any problems. and all serious answers pleae, this is a real problem. thx for all the help.

Old 10-31-2007, 06:29 PM
tdmopar59
Grand Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: a lil advice please

i would ask parts/service he would have a better idea of this situation... maybe it truely is nothing to worry about...

Old 10-31-2007, 07:35 PM
HammerZ71
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

Try another dealer. Kinda like getting a second opinion from a Dr.
If they say it's the C-Clip and agree to change it, I'd raise wholly hell with the first dealer and tell them you want to schedule a meeting with the regional service rep. Have any paperwork to support dealer #2's findings. Don't let it lie! Their failure to acknowledge a problem & fix it could potentially be life threatening.

Old 10-31-2007, 07:40 PM
kx250frider617
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I actually talked to a mechanic at dodge and he said that if the clip didnt ruin anything on its way down. gears and housing etc. its fine. mine did the same thing. broken clutch pak clip and it didn't even scratch the housing. I got lucky. I guess all you hav to do is fill it with oil and put 2 bottles of additive in. Mines been fine ever since. Heck i even tow a boat and 25 ft toy hauler and no signs of the diff failing.

Old 10-31-2007, 08:11 PM
MikeHTally
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

TWO bottles of additive? The manual calls for four ounces. I bought a container that has seven ounces, figuring a little extra won't hurt, or try to get right at four ounces. The diff on mine has been worked on (previous owner unaware), and I haven't been able to find out what was done. Obviously, the fluid was changed, but I don't know what was done inside. Can someone provide a picture of what the diff looks like without the clips -- maybe mine have been removed/upgraded

Quick Reply: a lil advice please