3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

1st Truck Ever

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2007, 09:35 PM
flgto
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1st Truck Ever

Hello everyone, new member to your board. The name is Chris. My whole life I have driven cars and until recently never drove a pickup truck. Well, as we all know, life changes! After moving to the country, I realize my Mustang GT convert was not going to cut it living on a dirt road. With this in mind, I actually went and bought a truck. I couldn't afford a new one, so I ended up with a used one.

2006 Ram Quad Cab
Hemi Motor
Mineral Grey Paint with grey cloth interior
It has some type of lift I think and aftermarket 17" wheels

Now, I couldn't believe it did not have power locks or windows. I guess I am so used to power everything. It has been a long time since I asked my passenger to lock her door.

Does anyone know what the details on the "work package" is? I read somewhere about it...I figured that explains my grey plastic grill.

Well anyway, thanks for having me here...

Old 11-09-2007, 12:46 AM
XxSilentHawk99xX
Captain
Default RE: 1st Truck Ever

Is your truck a v6 or v8? Even though you say hemi, typically, the work series truck (like mine) is a 3.7L v6. From what it looks like you have a pretty nice truck to start with....Power windows and locks arent too expensive either.

Old 11-09-2007, 10:13 AM
The Peddler
Record Breaker

Sweeet truck!![sm=welcomesign.gif]

Old 11-09-2007, 10:45 AM
ScottJ175
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Welcome. Coming from a 2001 Cobra myself. My motivation for the change is too many projects requiring me to tow or haul something and having no means to do so. Something had to give.

Old 11-09-2007, 08:04 PM
flgto

Yea it is actually the Hemi inside not the V6. I noticed on ebay most of the 2500s for sale seem to be Diesels, so I would have to assume that the Hemi in the 2500 was not a popular choice.

As for the power windows and locks, the previous owner did have aftermarket power windows installed on the front windows only. The back doors are still manual.

I have heard that adding power locks is a major hassle. Thinking about the project, I am thinking that would be very true. The only stuff I seem to find when searching is universal power lock kits...which I do not like the sound of. It is really not that big of a deal, but I do miss keyelss entry...but that would be another project too!

So far the only upgrades are a chrome grill purchase (from a very nice board member) and some window tint on the front windows.

I was hoping to see some stereo upgrade posts of owner's systems. I searched for threads but nothing really showed up.

Old 11-09-2007, 09:01 PM
tonymd

Hi i just got my 1st truck ever also a couple months ago. Its a 07 2500 hemi 5.7
Also has no power locks or windows.

Old 11-09-2007, 10:12 PM
JayH2112
Veteran

If I remember correctly the base engine on the 2500 is the Hemi, that would explain the Hemi on a work truck.

Looks like the upgrades are going well. I would have never known it was the work truck as the biggest giveaways are the rims and grille.I've heard the power door locks aren't too tough to do, have never done them personally. On a 4 door it is a pain to not have them.

Quick Reply: 1st Truck Ever