3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

2008 Laramie Mega Cab amp/speaker questions

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2007, 05:51 PM
bplatek
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2008 Laramie Mega Cab amp/speaker questions

2008 2500 Mega Cab Laramie with Premium sound/NAV
I want to swap out the speakers in my truck. I have the "Premium" Infinity system... They are muddy and terrible sounding. I want to try the kicker replacements 77Kick11. This takes care of the dash and front speakers, but I have not found in any posts exactly what speakers I have in the rear. Also, I do not know what amp I have, or how much power it has. Kicker has a replacement amp 77Kick18 that is supposed to upgrade the amp, is this for my amp. I DO NOT have the VES. I don't want to do any cutting or modification.

This is what I think I have found out:

The 3.5" speakers in the dash are mid range/tweeters
The 6x9 in the front doors are bass frequencies only
The rear speakers (don't know the size) are full range 5.25", 5.5", 6.25", or 6.5"???- is there a Kicker replacement for these for the MEGA CAB
Does the 77Kick18 directly replace the amp I have? Where is the amp? Is it a plug and play swap?

Thanks

Old 11-11-2007, 10:20 PM
bplatek
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 2008 Laramie Mega Cab amp/speaker questions

Sorry for the bump, I was hoping someone would be able to give me some info so I can order the new stuff.

Quick Reply: 2008 Laramie Mega Cab amp/speaker questions