3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

De-Badging Questions?

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2007 | 12:23 AM
1 Big B
|
Professional
Default RE: De-Badging Questions?

Ok I think I got it with the badges but I still a little confused about the sticker, which is the thing I most want to get rid of.
Some folks have said to use heat. I have heard a blow dryer mentioned. Is a heat gun too much? Some people have also mention wheels for their drill(sounds kind of scary). Anybody else have experince with this kind of stuff?

Thanks
B

Old 11-13-2007 | 08:54 AM
KRZY.BMET
Peaceful Browser

Don't use a heat gun on the sticker. 2 things can go wrong. First it could melt the sticker making it harder to remove and second, you could melt the paint and screw that up. Heat guns put out to much heat for that kind of job. For the sticker, get a plastic putty knife and just start peeling it off. It will take a while but this is the safest way. Then use an adhesive remover once you get the sticker off. You can try a hair dryer to warm it up, it might make it easier but since the sticker is so big and you will basically be heating the truck and not the sticker, the heat might just get disipated across the body and not really help.

Old 11-13-2007 | 09:18 AM
zenkhky95

i agree no heat gun....if you really want to get the badges and stickers off it just takes lots of goof off hard work and wax......don't forget to wax. The adhesive behind the real badges is so hard to get off but now that mine are off i wouldn't have it any other way......by far the cheepest mod to get your truck looken good....make sure you have lots of time!!!!

Old 11-13-2007 | 11:26 PM
1 Big B
|
Professional

Thanks everyone for your help
B

Old 11-15-2007 | 01:44 AM
redbirdhky6
Professional

yea i debadged my iroc wit some a dat der goof off...dats some gooood stuff!

Old 11-15-2007 | 04:03 PM
blown4.7

HEY, listen, its really not hard. im a manager at a local bodyshop and the best way to remove the emblems is simple heat. go to home depot or lowes and buy a $20 blackand decker heat gun. it has adjustable temp settings and set it at about 900 and do a gentle sweep back and forth on a low wind day or in a garage stayimg about 6in from the truck. after about 30 seconds of this use whatever tool of choice(scraper, floss , line, whatever) and it'll come right off, if not, apply a little more heat. trust me, i do this daily and it takes alot of constant concentrated heat to bobble clearcoat. same with decal and those will peel off like a band aid. as for removeing any residue, 3m or even a light duty reducer. we us an eraser wheel at my shop but those can be intimidating to first timers. and if worse comes to worse, run your truck up to a body shop and they will do it for next to nothing while you wait.

Quick Reply: De-Badging Questions?