3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

TIRES!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2007 | 11:10 PM
Aero Ram
All Star
Default RE: TIRES!!!!

Yeah I'd go with them procomps also, the reason I actually got the tires I did and they happened to be 34"s was because since the silent armors came out he couldn't sell the old style A/T which were the same tread just the "kevlar ply" so I gotem for $150 a pop which worked into my budget at the time I wanted mudders though...them ProComps look sweet and they make a good tire. you'll like it

Old 11-12-2007 | 11:12 PM
tdmopar59
Grand Champion

how much off roading vs. payment driving u plan on doing??

Old 11-12-2007 | 11:48 PM
oefootball_70
Champion

Aero ram, how much did it cost to get the 4.56 gears put in?

Old 11-13-2007 | 12:10 AM
Aero Ram
All Star

Well I only found one guy in the area that did that kinda work so naturally he was a lil pricey but knew what he was doin, For labor and synthetic it was around $460 I believe...

If you do any towin or just want a lil more from the jump I'd definately say it was worth the $$

I recommend Motive gears to you can get them at AirRam.com

Old 11-13-2007 | 05:10 AM
HammerZ71
Administrator

ORIGINAL: 05redhemi

thanks guys those are awsome tire i ran into this site just cruizing aroun bout 1 minute ago
www.4x4groupbuy.com
u guys should check them out im getting these
http://www.4x4groupbuy.com/store/com...60-p-5191.html

[IMG]local://upfiles/77911/A6E1BAB6CE184289A2E1CEB6A2CB9C23.gif[/IMG]
A lot of guys I hunt/fish/4-wheel with have had/have Pro Comps and they wear out fast! They seem to have pretty good performance while they have tread, but they won't have it long.
Get a tire in the Mickey Thompson / Dick Cepek family and you will never regret it!

Old 11-13-2007 | 06:56 AM
05redhemi
|
Professional

im gunna give these a shot first considering ill be keeping my old tires because there not that bad ne ways there just usless as all hell around were i live. im in a small town in the bush bout 2500 people and atleast 75% the time im on a dirt road snow or back road, hunting, or havin fun, the tires i have just spin bacause of the prfile.... street/city tires so im gettin new ones

how much does it cost in all to put those gears in areo ram???

Old 11-13-2007 | 07:49 AM
HuntinHanson
Champion

i'd suggest running a search and reading the 8 million posts that have already been started about this...

Old 11-13-2007 | 08:25 AM
HammerZ71
Administrator

ORIGINAL: HansonHVAC

i'd suggest running a search and reading the 8 million posts that have already been started about this...
8 million, wow!!!! are you sure? did you count them?

Couldn't leave that one alone, I ain't started no **** with you in a while now...

BTW: Go shoot a deer for me, I ain't been able to go since fall of '05 with all this crap with my parents both being so sick. I even planted alfalfa & clover at the farm in spring of '06 and put my stand up late summer. My so called "friends" shot three out of my stand, then left it there to rust away over the winter.
I ain't even laid eyes on the farm since March and it's only a two and three quarter hour drive away.
I'm going stir crazy!!!

Old 11-13-2007 | 09:25 AM
tdmopar59
Grand Champion

ORIGINAL: HammerZ71

ORIGINAL: HansonHVAC

8 million, wow!!!! are you sure? did you count them?

Couldn't leave that one alone, I ain't started no **** with you in a while now...

BTW: Go shoot a deer for me, I ain't been able to go since fall of '05 with all this crap with my parents both being so sick. I even planted alfalfa & clover at the farm in spring of '06 and put my stand up late summer. My so called "friends" shot three out of my stand, then left it there to rust away over the winter.
I ain't even laid eyes on the farm since March and it's only a two and three quarter hour drive away.
I'm going stir crazy!!!
you my friend need a vacation!! I'll meet you at your farm and we aint leavin til we both have a bag!!!!! whoever gets the smaller deer buys the beer!

and only certain procomps wear quickly some have up to a 50K mile warranty...

Old 11-13-2007 | 10:43 AM
HammerZ71
Administrator

ORIGINAL: tdmopar59

you my friend need a vacation!! I'll meet you at your farm and we aint leavin til we both have a bag!!!!! whoever gets the smaller deer buys the beer!

and only certain procomps wear quickly some have up to a 50K mile warranty...
Only good thing that has come about my moving here to care for my parents is my golf handicap is down to a 4 working at the local country club as an assistant pro. My income is down about 60% from what I used to make, but I can make up for some of it collecting bets on the course.

Now, if I could only chip...[:@]

BTW: Mom's final chemo treatment (I hope) is two days before Thanksgiving, she ought to gradually get her strength back and be able to handle my stepdad after a while, so I'm planning on getting lost in the north Ga. mountains to camp and trout fish for a week when opening day hits. Anyone want to come?

Quick Reply: TIRES!!!!