3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Superchip VIN locked even after stock restored?

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2007, 06:50 PM
JayH2112
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Superchip VIN locked even after stock restored?

Hi Guys,

Had a question I was wondering if someone could answer. So I had two chips sent into SC, the first one is back and I want to use it, but I am worried that it will be locked to my truck. On this onethey didn't ask for my truck's VIN but on the other they did, does that mean the other will be locked to my truck as soon as it comes back?

I guess what I am trying to ask is does anyone know forsure that if I use this one on my truck that as long as I restore the stock program it won't be locked to it? I am planning on selling this one when I get my other back, but in the meantime I am impatient to try it.

Thanks!

Old 11-18-2007, 08:18 PM
HuntinHanson
Champion
Default RE: Superchip VIN locked even after stock restored?

Sweet tailgate!!!!!!! They are supposed to unlock as soon as you set them to stock. Is there a reason you can't keep this one and just sell the other one when it comes back?

Old 11-18-2007, 10:25 PM
JayH2112
Veteran

Thanks Hanson, no there is no reason, I was just concerned that they may have already locked that one to my VIN since they asked for it. I did some research around the internet and I think I am fine. I went ahead and put the performance tune on tonight. Throttle response seems better, it was wet out tonight so I wasn't getting very good traction so its hard to tell any huge difference (I keptspinning out everywhere). Hopefully I'll see some MPG improvements, although I am pretty happy with my 14ish numbers right now.

Yeah, I like my tailgate, gets lots of looks.

Old 11-19-2007, 05:08 PM
John M
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

They probably made a note of your VIN so if someone else returns a programmer to be unlocked and it has your VIN, they'll know who's selling the locked units. I know you're not doing that but I'm sure they keep records for that reason.

Old 11-19-2007, 05:48 PM
JayH2112
Veteran

Hmmm, makes sense I guess. I got the second one back from SC today (figures) and I checked to see if it is locked, it isn't so I am in the clear.

Made the mistake of letting my dad borrow my truck the day after I put the tuner on, need to see if I have any rubber left on my tires. Is this payback for me driving his vehicles or what?

Quick Reply: Superchip VIN locked even after stock restored?