3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Sliding window installation

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2007, 03:20 PM
CanadianRam02
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sliding window installation

Hey everyone, I am new to the forum but have owned my 02 1500 regular cab Ram for 2 great years.

I had my rear slider window smashed and now am trying to replace it. I cant figure out how to do this. Anyone here know how to install it?

Thanks,
John

Old 11-21-2007, 07:06 PM
MikeHTally
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Sliding window installation

I personally haven't tried this. I've read a few things that would indicate it isn't ferociously difficult. Is DIY significantly cheaper than paying to have it done? I would think there might be a problem finding a slider that fits. Might be easier to replace the entire window. Good luck.

Old 11-21-2007, 08:09 PM
Parts/Service
Champion
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The rear backlite is encapsulated meaning that it is a pain to do. Our shop subcontracts it out to a glass shop to escape the hassle. If you want removal and installation instructions, I can PM them to you. It looks rather hard for a person that doesn't do this for a living......

Old 11-21-2007, 08:10 PM
The Peddler
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I use to have a F-150 that got broken in to, and the sliding window got broke. I went to a glass shop here in town to have it replaced, for the new window and them putting it in it was $240. That might be your best bet.

Quick Reply: Sliding window installation