3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Waxing

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2007, 03:27 AM
IdahoDodge2001
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Waxing

I just recently bought my first truck ever a 2002 Dodge Ram 1500 Ext Cab was into imports for awhile. But anywho when I bought the truck it has real deep trail scratches in the clear coat they are only surface scratches and only appears to be the clear coat that is scratched all over the truck. I tried using regular turtle liquid wax with a buffer and only the little scratches came out. I need to know what other stuff I can use. Or what other techniques I can use. Any help would be cool

Old 12-01-2007, 09:38 AM
LoFlyer
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Waxing

I recommend a4 step process. First use some fine cut polishing compound. 3M makes some good stuff and sells at NAPA. Next use 3M Finesse It II to give a super smooth surface, better than you can get with clay. Then apply a synthetic wax and layer a conventional wax on top of the synthetic. You'll need to apply with a machine and I rec a DA (dual action) polisher. The polishing compound will get rid of the scratches. If the fine cutdoesn't getthem out then go to a medium cut. Check out some online car detailing sites like properautocare.com for some good equipment and detailed how-tos. I love my DA polisher and use it all the time for smoothing and waxing. Really does a great job and saves time. Makes polishing this 3 acres of truck a pleasure.You can get out those scratches no problem.

Quick Reply: Waxing