3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

TBS or CAI, and Superchip or Jet Chip Module?

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2007, 02:07 PM
JayH2112
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TBS or CAI, and Superchip or Jet Chip Module?

Ok, so I finally get around to getting my CAI on.

Well this is the first time I have actually been able to really dink around in the engine compartment on my truck since I bought it in September. So I get in there and notice it has a "Jet Chip Module". I am assuming that this is not a stock thing, how do my superchip and this thing get along? Does anyone know?

Second, I am trying to get my S&B intake to fit and finally figure out that there is a little too much space between the throttle body and the intake. Well, sure enough it has a "Helix Power Tower" throttle body spacer.

When my friend and I took this on a test drive we both were impressed with the power for it being a 360, now I guess we know why. So now I have a dilemma, do I take the TBS off and go with my CAI or do I leave it and stick with the stock intake.

I have heard the the TBS have little affect, what do you guys think? I would try both but it is so dang cold out and I don't have a nice warm spot to work.

Old 12-01-2007, 02:23 PM
tdmopar59
Grand Champion
Default RE: TBS or CAI, and Superchip or Jet Chip Module?

take off the tbs... i think the jet is also a waste..... so take that off as well.... one of the guys with an indy ram proved that it made him lose power...

Old 12-01-2007, 04:52 PM
JayH2112
Veteran

Yeah, I am gonna pull the TBS out. It is still very tight, but I'll make it work. As far as cleaning the throttle body as long as I am in there is there a DIYon the site for the 5.9?

Old 12-01-2007, 05:01 PM
tdmopar59
Grand Champion

i dont think there is a diy.... if there is I would check under the 2nd gen ram area considering there are a ton of 5.9's and 5.2's over there that have your throttle body.... i believe.....

Old 12-02-2007, 05:05 PM
JayH2112
Veteran

Well, I took the TBS off and put the CAI on and am very happy. Throttle response is my biggest improvement. Very snappy now.

I am going to leave the Jet Chip on for now I think.

Quick Reply: TBS or CAI, and Superchip or Jet Chip Module?