3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Rear ended

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2007, 11:06 AM
Schmec@gmail.com
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rear ended

Not the best first post i could have asked for but my 07 ram 1500 was rearened last night by a sideways sliding kia sodona minivan. We had some ice road conditions in Connecticut last night and i was taking my girlfriend out to dinner. We where on our way down the road when we came upon a honda accord that had spun out and was half on the curb half off. The women driving it was burning up her tires trying to back off the curb so i stopped to see what i could do to help her out, as im there looking at her car and getting ready to get her jack out i hear another car coming down the road, i look up the street and theres the minivan going way to fast locking up there brakes and sliding directly towards my truck, sideways no less at about 15 mph. The van hit the corner of my bumper with its drivers side door frame/front fender. Luckily nobody was hurt, my girlfriend said she felt a bump but nothing to serious. The van was raped, creased up to the roof right at the door frame. My trucks bumper, passenger quarter panel, tailgate, tailight and looks like the floor of the bed is damaged. I dropped the tailgate to see how the ebd looked and the gate fell off on the side where i was hit. The bed doesnt apear to have moved to far foward but i looked under the wheel wells and where they caulked up the joints between the bed floor on qaurter it is broken and pushed slightly foward. I have to drop it off at progressives claims center there going to look it over completly the have a body shop check it over and have repairs done at no cost to me. I have to say I am very satisfied with how the truck held up. Also, progressive insurance is awsome, just gota drop it off and they take care of everything for me.
Name:  Picture.jpg
Views: 15
Size:  135.8 KB
Name:  Picture005.jpg
Views: 1
Size:  94.7 KB
Name:  Picture003.jpg
Size:  72.0 KB
Name:  Picture002.jpg
Size:  120.8 KB

Old 12-03-2007, 11:57 AM
#Red
Record Breaker
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: Rear ended

Ouch! Sorry to see that. I moved out of the Simsbury/Granby area of CT three years ago to get away from weather (and cold) like that. Glad to hear all are alright. Get her fixed and back on the road. Good luck. Red

Old 12-03-2007, 12:01 PM
#Red
Record Breaker
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

By the way, welcome to the dodge forum. Red

Old 12-03-2007, 12:33 PM
TANKZ400
All Star

Question why would you want to take it to your insurance company they hit you?

Old 12-03-2007, 12:38 PM
Schmec@gmail.com

My insurance takes it fixes it for me then just bills there insurance for the repairs. that way my insurance makes sure the job is done the best it can be and its not half assed

Old 12-03-2007, 08:19 PM
shah 303
Professional

yea it is icy condition in ct and my bro keeps losing traction everytime we go up using 2wd but we switched to 4wd for safer reason.

i saw a cop sliding down the hill. he was going to fast for icy condition.

there is more snow coming [:@] in CT

Old 12-03-2007, 09:50 PM
HuntinHanson
Champion

gotta love insurance.... sorry bout your truck!

Old 12-03-2007, 10:18 PM
MoparRob
Veteran

Sorry bout your luck man. I hate people that dont know how to drive in snow always goin to fast or to slow. Thank god for insurance, just hope that they do a good job. But that looks pretty bad for 15mph. Guys have posted picks of cars rear ending them at 30+ and it didnt look like that much cosmetic damage.

Old 12-03-2007, 10:20 PM
squirtbottle09
Record Breaker

Sorry about the truck. But unless you specifically wanted your name like that, you may want to get it changed by admin to just the name, not @gmail.com. Spammers are everywhere...

Old 12-03-2007, 10:38 PM
Parts/Service
Champion
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Make sure they use genuine Mopar parts to fix it,,,Glad no one was hurt.....

Quick Reply: Rear ended