3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

2007 Ram 1500 pulling to right?

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2007, 10:40 AM
NYangler
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2007 Ram 1500 pulling to right?

I recently purchased a new 2007(it had 1000 miles on it) but was sold to me as new. It is a 2007 Ram 1500.
picked it up last Friday, noticed a prety bad pull to the right. Took it back on Monday. dealer said the wheel was off center and the did a front end Alignment. they said they test drove it "everything fine".

picked it up Monday night drive home and it is doing the same thing...back it goes on Tuesday morning, this time they give me a loaner...they call and say I have a bad right front tire(radial pull?)....3 days later? took 3 days to figure out I have a bad tire????

I said I would prefer 4 new tires not just the one..took some doing but the did replace all 4(Wrangler SRA's 245/70r17....picked it up yesterday....

The Asst. Service manager drove it while i was a passenger and it did seem fine.

Now today Again pulling to the right?? not sure if it really is a "pull" so to speak, going on a straight paved road when I let go of the wheel it drifts to the right???

It is going back again tomorrow this will be the third time(one more time and I am pretty sure the lemon law will be mentioned)..Anyone have this happen? any input as to what could be causing this? I certainly will be not as understanding tomorrow. Any help would be appreciated...

Old 12-10-2007, 12:12 PM
spud11
Veteran
Default RE: 2007 Ram 1500 pulling to right?

I might be wrong but I think lemon law kicks in on the third time. And it does sound like a pull. When it drifts does it go off immediately or does it take a good distance for it to drift off. If it takes a good distance you might just be feeling the crown in the road. Not saying thats what it is but its an idea.

Old 12-10-2007, 12:45 PM
CarGuyOhio
Admin formally known as 94rt10ohio
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

The road could be casuing it. You mentioned it was fine when you did the test drive. Most roads have a slight taper to the right (water run off).

I would try to find a VERY large parking lot (stay clear of the sewar holes) and try that.

If it is not the road, and it only does it once in a while I say it is the brakes.

Old 12-22-2007, 11:21 AM
NYangler

Hi folks,
any advice appreciated....have had it back 3 times.....Dealer says all is ok...just the way your truck drives...i have since taken the truck to 3 different places, 1 tire place, 1 independent mech. and 1 Dodge dealer, all gave me something in writing saying it drifts way to much to the right. in the center lane it runs straight for maybe 10 seconds before drifting to the right, in the right lane with barely a "crown" I can count to 3 and the truck is off the road??? Dealer is having a Dodge Engineer" coming in. not for at least 3 weeks.

I took the all 3 documents to the dealer expressing my concern, I asked for a refund or a differenttruck....they said all is right according to their techs and I have to wait for the Chrylser engineer.

Here in NY the lemon law is 4 visits....So when the engineer looks at it, it will be the 4th visit....

this is my 5th Ram and have never had one drift so severely...ceetainly seems like a safety issue....

Any thoughts on my chances of getting a refund or different truck???

any input would be appreciated...

Old 12-22-2007, 03:16 PM
RaiderJay6
Record Breaker

Mine did that when I bought it. Had to have it aligned twice and then it was fine.

Old 12-22-2007, 07:48 PM
BHRAM

how does you cross camber and catser look if it favors the right side then it will have the tendency to go to the right, just because its in spec and everything shows green on the alignment machine does not mean that it wont pull or drift..... For example the right side caster has to be more positive than the left, and the camber should be zero with driver in it or slightly favoring the left.... The reason i say this is because im a tech and have done quite a few alignments on these trucks

Old 12-22-2007, 09:33 PM
sddunn2
Professional

Could be what they call a radial pull. have the tires swapped from side to side to see if the pull goes the other way or goes away all together . keep us updated

Old 12-23-2007, 03:07 AM
JD1500
Record Breaker

They are supposed to SLOWLY pull to the right though right? Something to do with pulling away from oncoming traffic incase of something happening to the driver, or is this just an urban legend

Old 12-23-2007, 09:10 AM
NYangler

the truck has had 3 alignments, 2 by the dealer and 1 by the tire place, all say it is "spot dead on". I was reluctant when purcasing a new truck with 1000 miles on it, and my dealer had to go 300 miles to get it. Perhaps this is lesson learned, but am very frustrated. I though when I brought in the documents from the 3 other places it would light a fire under my dealer. this is the 3rd vehicle we have purchased from this dealer in the last 4 years. Will let you all know once the Chrylser engineer does his thing.

Old 12-23-2007, 09:46 AM
MoparMan61L

All vehicles should lead to the right a little due to the crown in the road like 94rt10ohio said earlier. I work in a Chrysler service dept and we hear this all the time. In my state you can file for the lemon law after 3 repair attempts but it has to be for a problem that substantially impairs the vehicle or resale value.

Quick Reply: 2007 Ram 1500 pulling to right?