3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Received flashpaq email

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2007, 11:35 PM
rebelz99
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Received flashpaq email

I received an email for my superchip flashpaq today. It looks like an update is out for the 08 ram's. I'll hook it up tomorrow and let you know what the update is all about.
Rigth now if they only let me change the tire size so I can fix my speedometer (tired of getting speeding tickets always 5.3% higher than actual speed and never seem to think about it).

I'll update tomorrow

Old 12-11-2007, 12:37 AM
rebelz99
Professional
Default RE: Received flashpaq email

Well, the morning was to far away, so I decided to update the truck with the tuner (12:00 am), I can say that I'm pretty happy with the updated file for the 08. Its got everything except one thing I'm not sure what its for

Under rev limiter and speed limiter, you have 1-2 WOT !!!!!(forgot the rest)
and 3-4 WOT !!!!! (it works with the rev limiter) not sure but is this where you change the rev on gears 1-2 and 3-4 ????

Old 12-11-2007, 12:44 AM
rebelz99
Professional

Found my answer, they are shift points. Since the changes are made to gears 1-2 and 3-4, is it trial and error situation until one finds what he is comfortable with or is there a precise point. Any idea what would be the optimal settings on a Hemi 08 2500HD

Old 12-11-2007, 06:22 AM
Im3Good4U
Rookie

Hey man im glad you got more options for your ram there...Im sorry for kind of stealing your post buti've been wondering what do you guys use these flashpaqs for?
it seems to me that to increase power you have to go to premium and get less gas mileage and if you go to regular than your getting less power. so whats the point of blowing 300 if were already at a happy medium?

Old 12-11-2007, 08:48 AM
KRZY.BMET
Peaceful Browser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: Im3Good4U

Hey man im glad you got more options for your ram there...Im sorry for kind of stealing your post buti've been wondering what do you guys use these flashpaqs for?
it seems to me that to increase power you have to go to premium and get less gas mileage and if you go to regular than your getting less power. so whats the point of blowing 300 if were already at a happy medium?
If you are not looking to do alot of mods, then getting any tuner is not a good idea. However, having just an exhaust and intake can make having a tuner very valuable. As far as the gas mileage goes, it will increase with all the tunes that the programmer has to offer with the premium tune giving you the best results. If you think about it, there is roughly a $6.00 difference between filling up with 93 compared to 87. With my premium tune I average about 3 -5 mpg with normal mixed driving and I get 6-7 mpg better on straight hwy driving. When I do my highway only driving, I get over 500 miles on a tank compared to alittle over 400. For $6.00 it is worth it.

Now for rebelz99 question.

I would not mess with the shift points if you don;t have any engine work done. The stock settings are set for maximum safe running with the set up from the factory. If you increase the shift points and run your truck hard alot, you will take the chance of doing some major and very expensive damage to the engine. The tuner allows you to change the shift points if you change the cam that can handle a 7000 rpm redline or something along those lines. I would not recommend changing your shoft points until you do some major engine work.

Old 12-11-2007, 09:41 AM
tdmopar59
Grand Champion

i'm surprised that superchips did something!!
sorry still mad at them! but i wouldnt mess with superchips too much more than 250rpm.... if at all.... and l and r is right... for the slight difference in price its worth it to get premium... in my experiance i get better mileage.... not that its good.. but its better... LOL

Old 12-11-2007, 10:55 AM
rebelz99
Professional

Cool, so I won't change the shift points then, but besides the performance stuff, theres also the speed limiter and the tire size update. Just knowing that I have the rigth speed indicated is a plus for me, and I paid my flashpaq 200$ used.

Now if my cash flow comes back to normal, I'll slap in an exhaust system and a CAI (preferably ram air). Had them on my 2004 1500 and never got a chance to put it on the 2500.

Quick Reply: Received flashpaq email