3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Aftermarket stereo

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2007, 08:18 PM
jdjk1500
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Aftermarket stereo

HiI just bought a 2002 ram 1500 sport model, and this is my first post!I recently tried to install an aftermarket dvd player. I bought the dash kit and wiring harness adapter and everything installed fine exceptI had no sound! I was wondering if this is to do with the stock infinity sound system, if it has a speaker amp somewhere,I didnt think of it at the time becauseI saw no rca cables?AlsoI was wondering ifI lose the use of my steering wheel radio controls? If so is there any type of adapter or somethingI need to doso they will work?Any help would be greatly appreciated thanks.

Old 12-12-2007, 08:28 PM
clemsonteg
Rookie
Default RE: Aftermarket stereo

Im not sure if its the same, but my friend has a Jeep Cherokee with the Infinity system and it required a different set of connectors that the other Cherokees. There were 2 different wire harness adapters because he got the wrong one the first time(he has the same looking stereo as whats in the 02-05 ram)

Old 12-12-2007, 08:38 PM
jdjk1500

Alright thanks I will look into it and see if thats the case.
[align=left] [/align]

Old 12-12-2007, 10:34 PM
HuntinHanson
Champion

With the infinity sound system there is a factory amp behind the dash on the passanger side. I know on my 97 ram with the infinity package i just had to reverse the two blue wires on the wiring harness. Not sure if its the same on the 3rd gen though. You could always bypass the amp and run speaker wire directly from the back of your deck to the speakers. As for the steering wheel controls, there is a harness you can buy to keep them.

Quick Reply: Aftermarket stereo