3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Servicing the starter

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2007, 11:15 PM
gmanagtjr
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Servicing the starter

Okay, I had an earlier post about a starting problem. I found out it was the cable on the starter. Now, is it easier to take the starter off and service the 12V line fromt the battery. Or is there an easy way to get under the truck and just remove the cable only, clean the connection and throw it back on. Has anyone tried this??? I own 2004 dodge ram 1500, 4.7,V8. Thanks

Old 12-17-2007, 07:42 AM
NYPANAMA42
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Servicing the starter

Dude that's the first time i ever heard of someone servicing a starter...didn't know it could be, or should be done.

Old 12-17-2007, 11:07 AM
drhunter
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Servicing the starter

Starters aren't toohard to take off. I havent worked on any new dodges but it use to be just 2 bolts holding the starter on. You take those off and lay the starter on top of you or something next to you andunscrew the nut holding thewires.

I would probably just pull the starter off and get those connections good and cleaned. If your worried about not getting it put back together correctly. Just take a picture of it before you start. If the ground wasnt wet I'd crawl under my truck and look at it but I'm in too nice clothes to do that right now lol. Good Luck!

Quick Reply: Servicing the starter