3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

A/C blows on floor ONLY

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2007, 03:45 PM
Loubinz
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A/C blows on floor ONLY

My 02 Ram 1500 4.7L a/c blows only on the floor. The temperature guage works cus the air changes temp. If i turn the control **** for air location, no matter what setting it is on, cold air still only blows on the floor. All fuses are checked and good and nothing seems to be leaking. Anything helpfull is appreciated to solve this problem.

Old 12-24-2007, 02:36 AM
SLCHemi
Professional
Default RE: A/C blows on floor ONLY

I had a similar issue, except it would only blow out the vents in the front of the dash, nowhere else no matter what I would select. Took it to the dealership about 2 weeks ago thinking I was experiencing the oft reported "blend door issue" (that's even what the svc. mgr. thought at first). After they diagnosed it, turned out to be a control motor and at the same time the decided my blower motor wasn't putting out very much air (I always just thought it must not blow hard but it worked so...)..Anyway, they replaced the blower motor and the control unit now the selector switch works great and it blows 2X more air than it did before....

You could research on this forum and find some posts about how you might fix the blend door yourself, but if you've got any warranty I'd use that first (typically this stuff requires tearing appart the dash)...

Old 12-24-2007, 03:26 AM
Kev_n_AZ
Banned
Default RE: A/C blows on floor ONLY

blower motor

mixer damper

all posibilities.

mixer requires dash tear down

blower should be accessable from under hood.

Quick Reply: A/C blows on floor ONLY