3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Finally ordered my CAI

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2007, 04:22 PM
BadRam1
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Finally ordered my CAI

I went with the K&N 57 FIPK. I paid $297 at Advance. I originally wanted the 77 because a 2 hp loss was worth the added sound in my opinion, but, they wanted over $400 for the darn thing. Pep Boys wanted $315 for the FIPK.

I went with K&N because it was the only brand that the local stores carry and I don't have a credit card to order online with. There is a place that supposedly carries True Flow, but it was closed and I didn't feel like waiting.

I'll be picking it up tomorrow at 7:30 in the morning. Hopefully installation won't be an all day affair. They say its up to 90 min to put in, but then again, I think the people who usually put it on have 2 usable hands/arms. It should be quite interesting with my right arm (strong arm) in a sling

Old 12-31-2007, 04:42 PM
The Peddler
Record Breaker
Default RE: Finally ordered my CAI

Congrats!! My trueflow will be here in 2 days, I can't wait!!

Old 12-31-2007, 04:45 PM
JayH2112
Veteran
Default RE: Finally ordered my CAI

You will like it! I have an S&B but there really isn't much of a difference from one to another, I love mine!

I was gonna say install shouldn't be bad, but with one arm it could be a little chalenging. Mine took me about an hour and a halfor so, but that was including messing with the TBS (getting new shorter bolts), and it was about 15 degrees outside.

Quick Reply: Finally ordered my CAI