3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

SCT vs Superchip

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2008, 06:31 PM
BadRam1
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SCT vs Superchip

What one should I invest in for my truck's next mod? Any additional info on either of these productswould begreatly appreciated.

Old 01-02-2008, 06:40 PM
oefootball_70
Champion
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: SCT vs Superchip

I don't think there is a Superchip

Old 01-02-2008, 06:43 PM
HammerZ71
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

I know Air Ram has an SCT for his 4.7 and swears by it...

Old 01-02-2008, 06:48 PM
BadRam1
Veteran

ORIGINAL: oefootball_70

I don't think there is a Superchip

http://www.superchips.com/products.p...Grand+Cherokee

Check the 3rd application from the top

Old 01-02-2008, 07:27 PM
spud11
Veteran

03 and up 4.7's don't have the superchip. The advantage to the SCT is it is a lifetime upgrade. If you change anything on your truck, or want different performance enhancements, you just shoot the the dyno info fro what you have, tell em what you want and someone writes up the tune and sends it back in an email. All you have to do then is download it to the tuner and plug it into your truck.

Old 01-02-2008, 10:20 PM
BadRam1
Veteran

I'm not gunna lie... The SCT scares me a bit. It seems that they arent very involved with Mopars and primarily focus on Ford applications. Of the 4 local dealers,2 of them specialize in Ford performance, 1 is a Ford dealership, and the other is a diesel performance shop.

I'll still make some calls to find out more tomorrow

Old 01-02-2008, 10:23 PM
BadRam1
Veteran

ORIGINAL: BadRam1

I'm not gunna lie... The SCT scares me a bit. It seems that they arent very involved with Mopars and primarily focus on Ford applications. Of the 4 local dealers,2 of them specialize in Ford performance, 1 is a Ford dealership, and the other is a diesel performance shop.

I'll still make some calls to find out more tomorrow

It also seems a bit complicated. I just want to plug the darn thing into my truck and set it to max power. I really have no interest in getting custom tunes made for me and spending money on dyno runs to get it right.

Old 01-02-2008, 10:30 PM
adamsredlines
Professional

There is no comparison, they do two completely differen things really.

The Superchips is a "bolt on" that gives you an additional amount of power and a few other goodies. If you're stock, or very near stock, thats all you need really.

If you plan on doing bigger mods, like cams, heads, nitrous or forced induction, there is no substitute for a true tune. SCT mainly does Fords, yes, but look at the aftermarket in general, everybody does fords...be grateful that people are finally branching out to Dodges! SCT is also used on the older rams with great result, tuning in some HUGE cams that otherwise wouldnt have a dead on tune.

Lastly, you dont have to have a dyno for SCT tuning. If you get a wideband 02 gauge that datalogs, you can record your air/fuel trims throughout the RPM, and email it to a SCT tuner, and they can rewrite your tune. Repeat until its dead on...thats what I'm gonna do.
I'm in bad need of a tune as it is with just my smaller 206 cams, my truck isnt getting enough fuel for them. When my bigger cams and heads get put on, i'll need one that much more.

Old 01-03-2008, 06:38 AM
hemifever
SPONSOR

ORIGINAL: BadRam1

It also seems a bit complicated. I just want to plug the darn thing into my truck and set it to max power. I really have no interest in getting custom tunes made for me and spending money on dyno runs to get it right.
Just about all ofthe SCT tunes I write for people do enough that they are happy w/o going to the dyno to get their WOT a/f ranges. SCT isn't writing the tunes. It's the dealers. SCT sells us a blank tuner so it doesn't matter if they are Ford or Chevy folks. Find a dodge dealer in your area from the SCT website if you want to work with someone local. Otherwise me, or some others on here, can write you a tune. I'm not a vendor on this site so PM me if you want specifics or can't find a local Dodge dealer in your area.

Old 01-03-2008, 07:12 AM
BadRam1
Veteran

Thanks everyone.

Hemifever, I'll do more research to find a local Dodge dealer. I'll PM you if I can't find one

My current mods are in my sig. I'm also getting the BBK TB and a Magnaflow Y-Pipe. After that, I'm done with mods for now. So, with these mods and only these mods, is it still worth it to get the SCT?

Quick Reply: SCT vs Superchip