3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Running boards

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2008, 09:32 PM
chasty69
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Running boards

Hey everyone, I'm new here. I just bought a 2008 Dodge Ram 1500 Hemi Qaud cab and it's AWESOME, the looks, those sleek lines and the shear POWER!

In any case, my wife is having a hard time with it. See has a slight disability and doesn't have great power in her legs. We had the extra wide running boards installed(I know they look girly, but the wife needs them), but she still finds it difficult to hoist herself in and when she slides out her pants rub on the boards till she touches ground.

Has anyone installed spacers on their boards to lower them? Any thoughts or ideas are greatly appreciated.

I would like her to enjoy this truck as much as I do.

Thanks and keep on truck-in.

Darrin

Old 01-02-2008, 10:34 PM
hemiman07
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Running boards

Hey Chasty69, take a look at my photo gallery. I had power steps installed on my rig. My wife is only 5 foot tall, (or should I short), anyway she has no problem at all now. They drop about 7-8 inches, lower than most running boards. My truck has a 6 inch lift on it. If you don't mind spending the big bucks go with AMP Powersteps. They cost me $1900 installed at my local 4 Wheel Parts.

Old 01-03-2008, 12:16 AM
JD1500
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If my damn neighbor ever comes back from mexico ill ask em where he got his. They are smaller individual steps that lower under power when the door opens. He really likes em, and they were way cheaper than the power running boards.

Do you off road at all> Everyone i know that complains about em, are always people that do. rocks and mud/misture excessivily is hard on em

Old 01-03-2008, 01:18 AM
hemiman07
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've been on the dunes, wet sand at the beach and they clean up pretty easy, no problems so far. Still go up and down quiet.

Quick Reply: Running boards