3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Superchips, First Impression!! ME LIKE!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2008, 08:32 AM
mfs212
Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Superchips, First Impression!! ME LIKE!!

SWEET....You did not have to deal with the same crap as I did....

It looks like mine got to the seller this morning, so I SHOULD be getting a credit soon, so I can buy my Superchips. F Hypertech, their customer service SUCKS [:@]

Old 01-07-2008, 01:36 PM
HammerZ71
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

The SC product does an excellent job, at least until you get modded to the point where you need a custom tune. In my opinion, the singe best feature is the tranny shifting, not just the shift points, but the way it really firms the shifts up.
MoparMan, seriously, if you cannot feel the tranny snap into those shifts, either there is something wrong with that unit or you need to go see a doctor about the nerve endings in the seat of your pants...

Old 01-07-2008, 02:42 PM
mfs212
Captain

Anyone have expirience with the Superchips Cortex?

Old 01-11-2008, 04:10 PM
ThaChad
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey All,

Sorry to kind of Hijack someone elses post, but I figured it would be better accepted than starting yet another Superchip Post..

I just got my Superchip 3815 today, for my 2006 1500 MegaCab 5.7L HEMI. The first thing I did was hook up to the internet, and grab the newest update. I elected to get the update with advanced data acquisition package, Just because, Why not right?

I hooked up to my truck, and tuned for the 87 Octane since I have a full tank of 87, once I burn it out, i'll fill her up with premium, hopefully to find better MPG.

My question to all with superchips is, what settings do you change? and what do you set them to?

After setting 87 Octane, I raised the Rev limiter from 5800, to 6000, I left the Shift points at 5600, and Raised the Speed limiter from 106MPH to 120MPH, since that's as high as the speedo goes, and I don't need to go faster than that in the truck.

My only Performance Mod so far is Exhaust, I have a SI/DO Flowmaster 50 Series HD. I will get a CAI later.

Is there any harm setting the Rev limiter to 6800 (Max Alloud?), what is the ideal shift points?

What are the factory settings? I assume 5800 is Factory Rev limiter? What are factory shift points?

Thanks!

-TheChad

Old 01-11-2008, 07:17 PM
herring_jerritt
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thats awsome, i think that a chip will b the next performance thing i get for my truck

Old 01-14-2008, 03:38 PM
bwhite757
All Star

Just a little update for you guys. I have had about 3 tanks ran through my truck since I put the performance tune on her. Since the winter hit, I had been averaging about 16.5 - 17 mpg per tank, haven't seen over 17 since late november. The first tank I ran through, I got 17.4 (as I had a hard time keeping the foot from going to the floor). The second tank through her was 18.4, and this past tank (Just filled up) I calculated at 18.8. Now mind you this is about 80% interstate and 20% city, which is my normal driving conditions. The first and half of the second tank was before I put the CAI on, the third tank was with the CAI. I'm happy now, and can definantly live with averaging in the 18 mpg's with my truck...

Old 01-14-2008, 05:04 PM
mfs212
Captain

Alright! I just spoke with superchips. They have MUCH BETTER CUSTOMER SERVICE than hypertech. Don over there said that if the programmer is locked, it will be $100 to have it reprogrammed. So I just bought a programmer for $50 off ebay,that was locked. Dude was very clear about that in the auction. I bought it almost right after he posted it, but not before I spoke with superchips. I hope this works out. If it does, I will have also gotten a sweet deal. It will have taken a little more patience than BWhite needed though....

Quick Reply: Superchips, First Impression!! ME LIKE!!