3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Modular Intake setup?

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2008 | 02:29 PM
pcollins
|
Veteran
Default Modular Intake setup?

Okay guys... I am considering buying a Airraid Modular intake tube system for my 05 Hemi. It is used and I can get it at a better price than $300 like the other cold air intake systems. I am just curious as to whether or not it will even do anything for me. I know it still uses the stock air box, but just shifts it over to the passenger side and uses a coupler to attach the tubing directly to the throttle body. I have included a link and a picture. Is this worth purchasing for $100? Or would I be better off getting a cheap CAI off Ebay for around $100?

Product Link: http://www.airaid.com/300-924-1_dodge.asp

This is what is included for $100:
Airram Scoop
Airraid M.I.T.
K&N Drop-in
2-sided tape on the scoop
M.I.T. Couplers/clamps fittings instructions

Old 01-10-2008 | 05:11 PM
hemiyellow
DC Insider
Default RE: Modular Intake setup?

doesn't really seem too bad of a setup, but i dont know that you'll get the same kind of performance from that as a CAI...granted it's gonna be better then stock, but i would keep lookin around. I got my AEM Brute Force on ebay for $165 shipped to my house....but it's deffinitly gonna be better then stock

Old 01-10-2008 | 05:14 PM
chongo
Veteran
Default RE: Modular Intake setup?

Agree with hemiyellow - better than stock - but you could probably find something better on ebay for alittle bit more out of pocket

Quick Reply: Modular Intake setup?