3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

topguncustomz

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2008 | 05:00 PM
chongo
|
Veteran
Default topguncustomz

I amplanning to add a front end replacement in the future - after I regear. But the replacement weighs 255lbs - I am going to be leveling the front end but found that topgunzcustomz has a 3 inch leveling kit available. I don't think that my front end is 3" lower than the rear but Iimagine that with the added 255lbs that it would be about level once added- so would my truck look funny if I get the new spacers before (6 months before) I put the replacement bumper on?

Next question - If rather than the replacement I decide just to do a grill guard instead and I already have the 3" spacer - would a 1" add-a-leaf level it in the rear?

Thanks

Old 01-10-2008 | 05:04 PM
hemiyellow
DC Insider
Default RE: topgunzcustomz

park on level ground and measure the distance from the ground to the bottom lip of the fender on the front and rear and then you'll know lol...sorry man, but i dont know...i would think that it would work out that way but never really know 100% until you do some measuring

....and actually, thats how i figured out how much the lowering kit i have on my truck lowered it...works pretty good lol

Old 01-10-2008 | 05:12 PM
chongo
|
Veteran

I am going to measure tonight but was hoping someone might be able to tell me - just so I can quit wondering.

Okay say it is only 2" lower in the front - will it look goofy with the front 1" higher or is it not that noticeable?

Anyone done the add a leaf?

I am just full of questions today - I also noticed on their site they have a new setup so that you can run dual shocks up front - worth it? Or a waste of money - that is 2 extra shocks to buy.

Old 01-10-2008 | 06:40 PM
hemiyellow
DC Insider

i would prolly say it's gonna be a little noticeable...the biggest thing i would hate is knowing the front sits higher then the rear and that would drive me crazy lol.....i wouldn't bother with the dual shock setup unless you planon doing some major off-roading and running a big tire

Quick Reply: topguncustomz