3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

4.7L Cherry Bomb Extreme

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2008, 03:37 PM
BadRam1
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 4.7L Cherry Bomb Extreme

A few people asked me about it but I lost the topic it was in, so I'm positing this.

Its a great muffler if you like loud. People don't believe that the only custom part to my exhaust system is after the cat. Inside the cab, things rattle and vibrate around 2500-3000 rpm. Cruising around town it quiets down alot but you still can hear it. The noise is similar to that of an apache helicopter. Ful throttle is an all out raw sound. Under bridges, I understand why its a Cherry BOMB Outside, its really not any more "poppy" than my FM50 was. Its just alot louder. If the "popping" is an issue, I've heard that dumping your exhaust reduces it. My friends have described the sound as demonic and satanic. Its deep, agressive, and very distinct. It sounds like a cross between a chambered muffler and a glasspack. Its got the agressive tone of the glasspack, but yet still maintains the good deep sound generated from chambered mufflers. Its got a mean growl at idle and barks like hell when you give it gas.

If loud isn't a problem, its a great muffler. I got 1 mpg better than I did with the Flow, and I wasn't terribly kind with the throttle. (I got a 1mpg gain with the Flowmaster, so the CBE is a 2mpg gain over stock).

Only problem I had with it was today. I was passing overtaking a truck before my lane merged into his lane and there was a cop driving the other way (I didn't have my Passport on). I think my muffler caught his attention and my "manuver" was what he turned around and hit the siren for. Anyway, I was able to get off that road into a side street unseen.

If I can figure out how to work my family's video camera, I'll try to get a video up soon. They weather sucks right now, so I'll try it tomorrow.

Old 01-11-2008, 05:20 PM
oefootball_70
Champion
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: 4.7L Cherry Bomb Extreme

[sm=interesting.gif] I would like to hear

Old 01-11-2008, 07:04 PM
XxSilentHawk99xX
Captain

agreed

Old 01-11-2008, 07:10 PM
herring_jerritt
Veteran

i would love to get a cherry bomb extream, for my hemi cause i want the LOUD, but a friend of mine said they have a bad problem with breakin apart inside, is that true?

Old 01-11-2008, 07:10 PM
HammerZ71
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

I had one on my '73 Nova SS when I was 17 back in the mid '80s. It was awsome! I heard that they actually went out of business for a while and have made a comeback. Great to hear...

Quick Reply: 4.7L Cherry Bomb Extreme