3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Which Cars are most American Made

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2008, 12:28 AM
oefootball_70
Champion
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Which Cars are most American Made

My chevy montecarlo was made in Canada

Old 01-13-2008, 01:18 AM
nickahern1
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hey hemi cheif
its freedom of speech. i will not edit or remove my post because i feel strongly on the subject of exporting jobs that were originally done in america by americans. because the companies want to save a buck they send it somewhere where the laborers do the work for near nothing and they do not care about the american economy. Many people are unemployed all over the united states because of companies sending work everywhere else.I did in no way intend for my above statement to offend anyone and i am sorry, but i just cannot stand outsourcing and what it will eventually do to this country. The way i look at it the Ceo's of the companies have no problem paying themselves 6+ figures a year in their huge office in a big building in the united states but will get rid of a fewamerican based jobs to save a quick buck by sending the work elsewhere.... im not mad that my truck is made elsewhere i just hate how outsourcing kills the economy which in the long run rises the prices of everything!!!!!

Old 01-13-2008, 02:39 AM
HighDuke1911
Champion

ORIGINAL: ****yhern

my 06 ram was made in mexico... damn mexicans dont even need to jump the fence to take our jobs...
lol. i agree.

hemichief, my parents are immigrants too. they lived here for just over 20 years now. i see what youre saying, but he is correct with other countries taking our jobs without even having to enter the us.

Old 01-13-2008, 03:46 AM
thebean
Professional

ORIGINAL: HighDuke1911

ORIGINAL: ****yhern

my 06 ram was made in mexico... damn mexicans dont even need to jump the fence to take our jobs...
lol. i agree.

hemichief, my parents are immigrants too. they lived here for just over 20 years now. i see what youre saying, but he is correct with other countries taking our jobs without even having to enter the us.
Um, I think we gave away these jobs. It's really hardfor a company to outsource work without offering it up first. A "necessary evil" ifour nation wantsto thrive in a global economy.

Old 01-13-2008, 04:39 AM
JR 06
Professional

Well the UAW is a big factor in the outsourcing jobs deal, atleast in the auto industry. IMO unions have no purpose in today's world, as there are gov. regulations and OSHA for health and safety standards. The UAW is why GM was having so much trouble there for a while cuz they were having to pay so much for health benefits and retirement for their factory workers that the whole company was sinking. Fortunately, there are non-union states where automakers can open factories and not have to worry about it, but most of them just avoid it all together and go to another country, except for publicity deals like toyota making the new tundra plant here in texas-they just wanted to say that there truck was made here to get more people to buy it.

Old 01-13-2008, 10:43 AM
hemiyellow
DC Insider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

well it's not like Chrysler doesntmake some vehicles in the US for example: Sebring, Avenger, Wrangler, Commander, Grand Cherokee, Ram 1500, and a few others aremade right here in the US...the problem is that all the parts are made elsewhere along with the other models...i can't blame the automakers for wanting to outsource to save some money, but the fact that the CEO's make 6 figures a yr and then cut jobs to save money irritates me...I figure i have a fairly decent reason to comment on this for the fact that I work for chrysler and i wonder to myself everyday i go to work if i'll still have a job and thank god when i get to work and i'm able to get in the door...outsourcing needs to stop and we need to bring the jobs back to the US and get back some dignity in being able to say that "We are an american company, and can proudly say our parts and vehicles are made right here in the USA".......normally in a thread like this i prolly wouldn't say anything but here lately i've found myself in the same position as the people who lost their jobs due to outsourcing...at least i can take pride in knowing i work for an American owned company again lol

Old 01-13-2008, 11:01 AM
Wishbone
Record Breaker

I think a good chunk of the parts on the '07 and earlier Rams are made in the US and Germany. Still have strong ties with Daimler I think it will be that way for a while. My Getrag 6 speed tranny says "Made in Germany" on it. I don't have a problem with that. I love America but the Germans do it just as good if not better.

Old 01-14-2008, 01:05 PM
manicmndy

My 08 RAM was made in Mexico.
If I had seen the Mexico sticker before I bought it I would be driving something else!!

Anyone that'sblaming theunions for everything wrong in the auto industry doesn't have a clue.

I have 40 years as a U.A.W. member and dam proud of it.[/align]

Quick Reply: Which Cars are most American Made