3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Ready Lift Key!?!?!

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2008 | 10:10 AM
Redram05baby
Default Ready Lift Key!?!?!

Learn Something New Everyday...

I Am New To The Whole IFS Lift Concept.. Always Lifted Solid Axle. Called My Buddy Travis At 4 Wheelparts And He Told Me Ready Lift's Keys Will Allow To Clear 35's

I Am SET On The New Pro Comp X Terrain A/T's I Am Currently Running 285/70/17's And Am Out Of Time To Find New Tires. Although I Have FOund There Is No Gentle Upgrade... The Jump Is From 32.7 To 34.9 And With My 4.56's My Goal Was A 35" Tire.
-I Am Building My House In April And Am Counting My Pennies Because That House Is Costin' Me Dimes... Not Tryin' To Be Cheep But I Need To go Bigger!

Travis Was Excited To Tell Me About The Keys... Never Heard of Lift Keys For Dodge's only Chevy.
http://www.4wheelparts.com/manufactu...amp;subCat=358

Welp Need Input.. Anyone Who Has Bought A House Knows What I Am Going Through. And I Need To Do Something. Once I Have My Garage The Rancho 4" Will Go On (Right Hammer ??????) Tried To Find Previous Threads On This Subject But COuldn't Find Any.

Old 01-15-2008 | 10:21 AM
tdmopar59
Grand Champion
Default RE: Ready Lift Key!?!?!

if they clear those tires its gonna be real snug... some rubbing... i would stick with the 33's til you get the lift..

Old 01-15-2008 | 10:26 AM
Redram05baby

The Odd Part Is That It ONLY Fits STOCK Backspacing...

Let Me Say That Again... It ONLY Fits The Stock Wheels. The Cat. Says It Doesn't Work For Aftermarket Wheels.

Old 01-15-2008 | 12:38 PM
HammerZ71
Administrator

If this is just a temporary thing, why not just crank the torsion bars for now? It'll give you almost as much lift as the keys and it's free. The ride will stiffen up quite a bit, but the keys will stiffen it somewhat too.
If it were me, and it was only a matter of time till I bought a suspension lift, I'd just crank the bars enough to clear the 35's.
Greggie has got a point though, either way, keys or cranks, you don't clear the 35s with a lot to spare, so no Dukes of Hazzard jumps when your wheelin'...

Quick Reply: Ready Lift Key!?!?!