3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

New guy here!

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2008, 08:24 AM
Dodge4x4magnum
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: New guy here!

welcome. nice truck you got there. i just picked up a bran spankin new hemi like 2 days ago. i love it. Its my second dodge truck. cant go wrong

Old 01-17-2008, 09:11 AM
The Peddler
Record Breaker

[sm=welcomesign.gif]The truck and the stang is sweeeeeeeet!!!!!

Old 01-17-2008, 09:41 AM
mfs212
Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That is 2 REALLY good sets of Ram pics in 2 days... Matt, if you have not yet, check out the "photoshoot" thread. Some sweet pics there too.

Of course I will always be partial to a truck in PR4....Flame Red is SOOOOO sexy. I am on my second flame red truck, from my '03 XCab Dak to my '04 QC 1500 Hemi..

Old 01-17-2008, 03:45 PM
SLCHemi
Professional

Welcome and nice lookin' rides (could tell you've got some photograhpy skills...me, not so much)....

The standards people seem to stick with in modding are exhaust, cai, chip, maybe headers, etc....Of course as the others have said (and it sounds you well know) watch out for the "mod bug"....I bought my truck specificaly telling myself and my wife I was gonna leave it alone, just pay it off and use it for weekend warrior stuff (camping, fishing, hauling stuff, etc..)....As usuall I should have listened to my wife who rolled her eyes when I said I'd leave it alone....At least in the future I've come to accept the fact that I just cannot leave good enough alone and will budget for it

Old 01-17-2008, 07:51 PM
FlameRed04
Rookie

I definitely know about the mod bug and am fighting every urge to keep from modding the truck. I know once I start it will be never ending!

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome! There's a bunch a great people here!

Old 01-18-2008, 12:15 PM
Robs Dodge

hey welcome man. i just joined too haha. i had to b around other dodge guys after gettin **** for driven one from all the ford guys im always around at school hah. the first things i did were K&N air filter line-x and dual flomaster dual exhaust. the air filter and exhaust will give you power and better mpg. nice truck
2007 5.7 hemi quad cab short bed
K&N air filter
Line-x
Flowmaster 50 series dual exhaust
Alpine Sound system

Old 01-18-2008, 01:12 PM
Petz
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Welcome to the Ram forum and owners circle. I moved from a chevy blazer to Ram and just dont believe what i was missing! Enjoy the forum and soak in all of the technical knowledge you can. Good luck on your future mods as well.... if we only had the money to support our mod desires!

Old 01-18-2008, 01:47 PM
2005cobrakiller
Captain

I would say for the first mod you should get the intake.....k&n is what I have...it completely changes the sound and if you get the resonator replacement kit it will look hella cool. if you want a picture let me know.... but intake and exhaust are always a good start...cant go wrong with borla.......ooooh and that little spot right above ur bumber you will change the looks alot if you put a matching piece to your grille in their...later i wanted a red one too but the grey goose gets em

Old 01-18-2008, 04:44 PM
FlameRed04
Rookie

Thanks guys, I am thinking about going with Kooks longtube headers, magnaflow midpipe, and a magnaflow or borla catback... any comments on this setup? I was also thinking about the K&N intake as well.

Old 01-18-2008, 04:59 PM
JayH2112
Veteran

ORIGINAL: sddunn2

welcome !! I do have to give you a few words of warning. If you dont leave now you will be addicted this place is like good crack !! one post and your hooked !!
again welcome
Sad, but true. This place is addictive. I second the mod comment also, modding is like a disease, just can't stop. Thank God I only mod my truck.

When I get my nextSubaru GT, the modding will begin anew.