3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Noob Sirius antenna question for an 07 QC

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2008, 11:13 PM
whiteonrice
Professional
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Noob Sirius antenna question for an 07 QC

I bought a stock Dodge 6 disc radio with a built in Sirius tuner to replace my single disc radio. What do I need to hookup the Sirius part like the antenna etc.? I have looked at some posts but I still don't understand what is existing in the truck and what I would have to buy. This is for an 07 1500 SLT QC. Thanks in advance.

Rick

Old 01-18-2008, 01:47 AM
JD1500
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Noob Sirius antenna question for an 07 QC

Does your truck have a sirius antenna already? if so, plug and play. it will be flat oval shaped antenna center and rear on the roof of your cab.

IF not, youll need to get one. Radio shack is your best bet, or a site. you can etiher get a mag one, or a permanent mount for the roof. from there just run your wire in the cab, plug it in the radio. Your radio will give you a ESN number, your register that with Sirius when you set up your account and pay the fee, and viola you have sweet tunes...

Old 01-18-2008, 10:30 PM
whiteonrice
Professional
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Noob Sirius antenna question for an 07 QC

Thanks for the help! Bottom line was I couldn't use the radio anyway. I thought all the Chrysler radios would work in our trucks but NO.

RIck

Quick Reply: Noob Sirius antenna question for an 07 QC