3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

tranny question?

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2008, 05:28 PM
matsram
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default tranny question?

do any of you guys ever experience your truck not shifting like it is stuck in third gear or something i mean i drive to work (about 5 miles) and the hole time the truck runs at 3k rpms and about 65 mph by the time i get off the highway the truck drives ok this doesnt happen every morning but is worring me my tranny has been rebuilt by the dealer already and now im pushing 66k on my odometer should it be doing this or is it time for another rebuild. btw 03 hemi qc thanks for any input.

Old 01-22-2008, 07:00 PM
deanj287
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: tranny question?

k so its only doing it on the cold mornings but by the time it starts getting warmed up (truck that is) its shifitng ok? this is normal. the trans wont shift into od until its hit a certain temp to protect it self. mine takes more than a few miles depending on how cold it is. and 5 miles to work is not nearly enough if its below freezing to burn off condensation in the oil

Quick Reply: tranny question?