3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

best gauge to match factory lighting

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2008, 12:22 AM
redbeardmcg
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default best gauge to match factory lighting

Who makes the best gauge as far as face color and lighting to match the factory white / green dash gauges? I have an '07 and I am looking to get this gauge pod and want the gauge to match the factory lighting as close as possible.

Old 01-25-2008, 12:24 AM
redbeardmcg
Professional
Default RE: best gauge to match factory lighting

Sorry about the double post, I was testing an alpha release of nautilus and it crashed, somehow posting it twice. Time to debug!

Old 01-25-2008, 02:30 AM
redbeardmcg
Professional

Has anybody used isspro gauges?

this gauge looks pretty good.

Old 01-25-2008, 11:59 AM
Redram05baby

2 Birds With One Stone.. Posted This Is Another Topic

About As Close As Close Could Be.. People Ask Me If I Got Them From Mopar. (Then The See The Name)

Old 01-25-2008, 12:42 PM
kenihemi
All Star
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have 2 Autometer Phantom gauges, the other is an Innovate wideband xd-16.

Old 01-25-2008, 04:02 PM
redbeardmcg
Professional

Thanks for the tips!

Hey redram, I couldn't make out the brand of the gauges in your picture. How do they look when lit up? Do just the numbers glow, or does the entire gauge?

Same question to you kenihemi, how do they look lit up? Did you use the green light cover or keep it clear?

Any pics?

Old 01-25-2008, 04:20 PM
Redram05baby

Mine Is Idiglow Backlit.. I Didn't Want The Numbers To Glow Indivually.

Sorry, Trucks Inside My Shop and It's Light In The Bay

Damn Camera! Wouldn't Focus Without The Flash.

They Are Autometers Lunar Series.

Old 01-25-2008, 08:10 PM
redbeardmcg
Professional

Sweeet, thanks for the pictures. I'm gonna try the isspro EV white face with the orange/red needle. The number glow green individually, and isspro markets them specifically for the dodge ram / new ford dashes.

Ill post pics when I get it in!

Oh ya, redram... on most digitals with the flash off the camera opens up the aperature and slows the shutter speed.. you have to hold still for a longer period of time because it lets in more light for more time to compensate for the flash, so the slightest movement causes a blur. Try resting the camera on the headrest with the flash off and it should come out perfect.

Old 01-26-2008, 01:54 AM
John M
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I don't mind gauge companies putting their name on the face in small letters. What I hate is that they all now also include the series of gauge. Why take up 1/3 of the face with some stupid logo?

For example, gimme "Autometer" but I can live without the "PHANTOM" filling up the center portion. Same with the guages Redram05baby posted - perfect except for the center logo -- why not just include the model number, web address, and a bar code there too? It's like these companies have never heard of the word CLEAN.

Aftermarket gauge faces are ruined in this way too - there are some sweet packages out there but they're ruined as soon as the manufacturer plasters their own name on it. The whole idea is that it should look like it could be factory.

Old 01-26-2008, 03:52 AM
Redram05baby

ORIGINAL: John M

I don't mind gauge companies putting their name on the face in small letters. What I hate is that they all now also include the series of gauge. Why take up 1/3 of the face with some stupid logo?

For example, gimme "Autometer" but I can live without the "PHANTOM" filling up the center portion. Same with the guages Redram05baby posted - perfect except for the center logo -- why not just include the model number, web address, and a bar code there too? It's like these companies have never heard of the word CLEAN.

Aftermarket gauge faces are ruined in this way too - there are some sweet packages out there but they're ruined as soon as the manufacturer plasters their own name on it. The whole idea is that it should look like it could be factory.
Well Put.. Although When I Shopped For The Guage I Kinda Liked The Look At That Point.. Including The Logo.

I Guess It's The Same As Seeing A SWEET Truck On The Road... "What Kinda Truck Was That??" They Can See The Dodge.. Same Theory I Guess. The Fact That You Liked My Guage Style, Without The Name, You'd Be Looking Around For It.

LoL To Be Honest, Before I Snapped That Pic I Totally Forgot What Series It Was.. It's Been A While!

But, As For A Clean Look They Do Kinda Ruin It With The Oooberly Large Logo.

Quick Reply: best gauge to match factory lighting